Please help, looking for song ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

braker

Babyface
Hi all,

Hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'm looking to find out the name of a remix of the U2 song One from the middle of the 90's - it must have been 1995/6/7 not sure exactly which year. I heard it when I lived in London at the time, and all I remember is that it had a gospel vibe to it, with a gospel choir of women singing "brothers" and the boys singing "sisters", if I remember correctly.

Anyone knows which remix I'm talking about?

Thanks,

B

Thanks,

I'll check but if you're talking about a live performance than I believe it's not it becuase that was a studio recording.

braker said:
Thanks,

I'll check but if you're talking about a live performance than I believe it's not it becuase that was a studio recording.

Well I'm stumped. Are You sure its a U2 Version?....according to u2wanderer.org these are the only official releases of the song

One - Live 1993-11-07 ZooTV Sydney Video
One - Live 1995-09-25 (5:32) Miss Sarajevo Single
One - Live 1997-06-07 (4:57) Tibetan Freedom Festival Compilation
One - Live 1997-12-03 Popmart Mexico Video
One - Live 2001-09-01 U2: Go Home Video
One - Live 2005-12-09 Shelter from the Storm DVD
One - Studio (4:18) 99X Live II
One - Studio (4:20) The Breakthrough Album
ONE - Studio (4:36) Achtung Baby Album
One - Unchained Melody - Live 1993-11-07 (6:13) ...Hold On Compilation
One / Unchained Melody - Live 2003-11-29 (6:54) 46664 Pt 3: Amandla

No - sorry, I may have used the wrong words:

It wasn't U2 - it was a remix of the song One by U2, but I don't know who was the artist (or the group) who did it. They were black singers, in a funky gospel vibe.

Is there anywhere which lists all the released versions of the song - like the one by Johnny Cash etc.?

Well, there is this song by The LightHouse Family called Free that is heavily influenced by One. I think it has so many similarities with One that U2 even share a writing credit on it.
It could be that song...
:hmm:

Ok thanks all!!!

I think I've found it.

It's the Mica Paris version - there seems to be a few versions in this single and I'm still not sure which one I've heard back then, but the gospel singing "sister.. brother.." is definately there! :)

Listening to it now, I realise I didn't really desribe it very well, I guess all I had left in my memory was the background choir for some reason..

Anyhow, I used to listen to it a lot on the headphones at a certain period in my life..

So, thanks again!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom