Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickFly

Refugee
i am making a 4 disc compilation for one of my best friends who is ill, and some other friends and family members who asked me to. what live versions of these songs should i use?

pride
i still havent found what im looking for

ill have some more.

also i am making cover art. any suggestions would great.

thanx

I like the Pride on Rattle and Humm but that might just be me.

As for I still... I like the version they did at point depot, new years eve.

I still haven't found what i'm looking for - New York City, 9/28/87 at MSG. they did the song twice that night, the second performance featuring the gospel choir on R&H.
but it's the first performance from that night that you should use. i've never, NEVER heard them play it as well. Bono sings like a man posessed - or at least like a man trying out for the choir! far and away my favorite performance of that song.:drool: :drool:

thanx alot, please keep the advice coming.
i am trying to do this tonight and finish tomorrow. ill post what i have as far as a song list so far , and see what everyone thinks.

here is what i have so far

40 (studio)
streets (boston 2001)
i will follow (boston 2001)
vertigo
all because of you
sunday bloody sunday (rattle and hum)
desire
stay
stuck in a moment (acoustic)
another time another place

cd2
the ocean
eleven oclock tick tock (under blood red sky)

cd3
city of blinding lights
acrobat
electric co (chicago 2005)
an cat dubh (chicago 2005)
the unforgettable fire
when i look at the world

cd4
elevation (tomb raider mix)
beautiful day

that is what i have so far... suggestions, comments, is greatly greatly welcome.

Well one of the CDs you could make your own Best of for 80's, another for the 90's. Make another CD with the best live cuts you like (construct it like a setlist) and for the last CD you could do a best of b-sides or something.

I dunno.

that sounds like a good idea! You'd be a bit pushed fitting a whole decade onto one disc where the 80's are concerned though, what with six albums and so on! :ohmy:
unless you were really brutal when choosing tracks!

i don't care what you do, but no mix is complete without a snappy performance of 'one tree hill'.
the infamous recording from 12/26/89 is the source. fit it in.

Back
Top Bottom