Please (1997 MTV VMAs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Palace and U2 addict, you've got mail.

Zooropa Man- oh yeah! The video that's been offered is great, but I'd like to see the announcer and Pop Muzik play.

Incidentally, 1997 was also the last year that the MTV VMAs were any good. That year had some terrific performances and there was still some hipster buzz about the event. Compare that to the crapfest of the last few years.

Nobody in the crowd knew what the song was because by that time in the US the POP album had long been off the charts, everybody else played the hits U2s please was no hit and niether was anything else on Pop stateside outside of Discotheque.

It was one of the best performances in U2 history but will long since be forgotton under the other crap of the MTV awards.

U2s first TV performance in the US was the Please performance they did not play The Grammys before they played Beautiful Day on them as a full band.

david said:

uhm did they perform at the 88 grammys?

Ok I meant 87, what's a year between friends? :wink: Anyway, they played something cos I remember they were already in the wings when they accepted one award.

blueeyedgirl said:

Ok I meant 87, what's a year between friends? :wink: Anyway, they played something cos I remember they were already in the wings when they accepted one award.

i don't think they even performed at the 87 grammys.

I'm still looking for an mp3 with this performance.

I lost all my mp3's because I had a hard disk crash, recently.

So, would someone be so kind to send me Please VMA MTV, 1997.
Another song I lost is North & South of the River, I mean the acoustic version for the Omagh Tribute.

You can make me very happy!! on

pascal_hommelberg@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom