Plane crash at Queens, NY???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe this. Not here...not again.

First, right near where I work. Now, near where I live.

More innocent people...just gone.

When does this end?

AJ

How horribe for this to happen to the good city of New York. My prayers and thoughts go out to all.
smile.gif

I went to work on Friday Sept 7 and looked up at the WTC and just wondered how anyone could work so high up.

Then Sept. 11 happened.

I woke up today with a bad feeling and when I came to work I found out about the plane. I am no linger going to go to work if this continues...

Yes, we should all assume it was mechanical failure, but I do not ever remember reading about a mechanical failure where an engine explodes, falls off a plane, and lands in someone's backyard in Queens New York.

This sucks - I am wishing for the best...

------------------
"...I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill..."

NYC RIP

I started watching about 3 and a half hours ago.
Unbelievable. How much more can there be?
frown.gif

Yes, the FBI and the White house say it most likely wasn't a terrorist attack-it was an accident. However, they're not ruling anything out just yet. The plane was 30 minutes behind schedule when it started, and there was nothing reportedly wrong with it. Nothing suspicious came from the pilot's radio connection to the tower&airport.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

I just hope it was an accident, like, not sabotage. It's better than the alternative. But I don't know if that would make it much better for the fresh round of people who lost loved ones--very likely a lot of them lost people on Sept 11.

What a year.

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

I hate the press, is it just me or do you get the feeling when watching any terrible event like this taking place.. that the reporters and newscasters want it to be a terrorist attack or want it to be worse than it is so its more newsworthy...grrr they make me mad
frown.gif

My hearts go out to the families of all those people who died today and to all the people of NYC.... how much can one city take
frown.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

I realized today how much Sept. 11 affected me. I was watching TV today thinking "eh. only 250 people died. whatever." The attack on the Trade Center has really messed with my head and made me immune to what's going on in the world.

Its a tragedy but if any city can overcome all this, its New York City.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I actually started a thread a while ago on how misleading and subjective the US press was and not many people liked it. I actually feel that CNN only cares about the war as long as they can make money. Sad, very sad.

Originally posted by Ace Rimmer:
I hate the press, is it just me or do you get the feeling when watching any terrible event like this taking place.. that the reporters and newscasters want it to be a terrorist attack or want it to be worse than it is so its more newsworthy...grrr they make me mad
frown.gif

This sort of thing has been going on for decades. It's precisely why I decided NOT to follow up on journalism as a career!

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

Back
Top Bottom