Plan to redevelop Clarence Hotel approved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Plan to redevelop Clarence Hotel approved - The Irish Times - Thu, Jul 17, 2008

An ambitious plan to redevelop the Clarence Hotel on Dublin’s Wellington Quay has been approved by An Bord Pleanála, despite a strong recommendation from a planning inspector that it be rejected.

The scheme, devised by architect Norman Foster, involves demolishing the hotel and adjoining buildings on the quay, retaining their façades and constructing a much larger hotel arranged around a dramatic atrium and topped by a flying saucer-style roof.

Can someone tell Bono that the hotel business is the best way to lose a fortune ever invented??

last time we passed the Clarance it was completely dead
which was a nice pace of change compared to the rest of Dublin :D

I hope they'll do a good job
Dublin deserves a good piece there

I hope they do a great job also, it's just the location and the amount of work that is going to be done is going to be a mess in that area during the demolition and reconstruction. Dublin is a real bustling city.

Just in case any one was wondering what there future Clarence will look like....

The front facing the Liffey....

000022a.jpg

The back facing Temple Bar....

000022.jpg

:eek:

I can't remember where the pics originally came from but someone posted them on Pleba a year or so ago when the news about the proposed remodelling of the Clarence first came to light.

thats insane! dpes it say when all of this should be done by?
or when they will start?

I hope they do a great job also, it's just the location and the amount of work that is going to be done is going to be a mess in that area during the demolition and reconstruction. Dublin is a real bustling city.

I'm sure Dublin won't come to a complete standstill just because the Clarence is being done up though :wink:

Just to point out that the Irish property market is undergoing a severe downturn.

I am very sceptical that these plans will see the light of day.

I'm sure Dublin won't come to a complete standstill just because the Clarence is being done up though :wink:

No, it won't, but it will cause delays and detours in an already busy city. I :heart: the photo of the proposed new Clarence. I still think I love the old (current) one tho. It has much more character. But then U2 are always saying they are about the future. Time for change...

Just to point out that the Irish property market is undergoing a severe downturn.

I am very sceptical that these plans will see the light of day.
unless they are planning to sell the place in the next couple of years I don't see how that would influence their decision though

Hope it'll be done before they tour there :D
they would probably push back Dublin in the itenary if they had to :D

No, it won't, but it will cause delays and detours in an already busy city.
lol, I'm pretty sure Lara knows Dublin
since she's from Ireland and all

to be honest I dont see how it would cause any problems at the quays

unless they are planning to sell the place in the next couple of years I don't see how that would influence their decision though

they would probably push back Dublin in the itenary if they had to :D

Well if they triple of quadruple the number of rooms they may be able to drop the price of `standard`rooms. Lets face it - how many of us would stay at the Clarence if we could afford it? :hyper:

They know there will always be a demand for rooms in their hotel as fans want to stay there. Throw in a band member doing room service and I`ll pay my last penny...........:drool:

Back
Top Bottom