Plan the hype for the next U2 album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Ok...back in september 2000, almost 2 years ago, I was sitting on the beach at the jersey shore and I saw a plane fly by with a banner that read "U2 - Beautiful Day". And so it began...the hype for the new U2 album. The single was released days later, to which the commentator on KROCK 92.3 said after its debut "Wow...............................I hadn't heard that yet.....................that's awesome!". This was followed by an appearance of Bono and Larry at the 2000 MTV music awards to signal the return of U2, followed by appearances on MTV TRL, club shows in New York, Paris and London, the release of the album to univeral acclaim just in time for the holiday rush, the release of the killer balad "Stuck in a Moment", the grammy trfecta, the tour starting just in time to kick off the 2001 spring/ summer concert calendar, and the most rocking and rolling radio song being paired with a summer blockbuster (Elevation), the release of the inspirational Walk On, the lifetime achievement at the MTV Awards, the Super Bowl and then once again back at the grammys for four more awards. I remember the awesome feeling of realizing tha U2 was back, seeing them on the cover of magazines and newspapers....so how would you plan the follow up? If you were in charge, how would the next 2 or 3 year U2 era go? And do you think U2 can ever top, or even match the run they had from Sept. 200 to April 2002? Would they even want to?

Back
Top Bottom