Plaid sleeveless shirt OR I am a bad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Fan.

I watched in its entirety Under a Blood Red Sky for the first time in my life (I have been a fan going on 17 years now.)

All I have to say is WTF!

-Edge takes lead vocals on Seconds
-Adam's hair
-Bono's femenine bouncing
-Bono's hair
-Bono's boots
-Larry's extraordinary playing (he has definitely not played like that since that was filmed)

What a crazy video.

Originally posted by ouizy:
Fan.

I watched in its entirety Under a Blood Red Sky for the first time in my life (I have been a fan going on 17 years now.)

All I have to say is WTF!

-Edge takes lead vocals on Seconds
-Adam's hair
-Bono's femenine bouncing
-Bono's hair
-Bono's boots
-Larry's extraordinary playing (he has definitely not played like that since that was filmed)

What a crazy video.

-Give me the Edge singing anyday, and I'll take it.

-Adam's hair was actually tame on the War tour...just check out pictures of the band from 1976 to 1982. Plus it was rainy that day, and your bound to get serious frizzhead anyways.

-Bono was very theatrical back then, plus you have to remember that Bono grew up side by side with the Virgin Prunes, whose stage presence makes Bono's relatively calm in comparison.

-Bono was the 'King of Mullets' back then, and the way he wore his hats back then encouraged big, high hair when he took them off...plus after awhile the rain mellows it out, and he actually looks very cool in the video.

-I, for one, dig the boots, and wouldn't mind seeing Bono bringing them back...I think he wore them for added height, plus they just looked plain tough tucked in those tight leather trouser that woman still today lose all their senses over.

-Larry had already been playing like that 5 years up until that point, and it is because of a bad back that Larry no longer plays to that degree. He realized a long time ago that is he continued to play with that intensity that his career would have been over long ago...however, today he can lay down the funkiest beat, and beat into submission his drum skins with no mercy...just ask Bono's spine.

Chris

Iam down(ok) w/that vid.
It was U2 being U2 way back when.
Making a statement and a difference w/o a care.
In a word or 2
righteous,
brilliant.

-diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by martha:
He sang the first part of it on the record, you know.

Go on, listen to it carefully.

Somewhat related:

Isn't it amazing how Edge sounds like Bono, yet their speaking voices don't sound all that similar?
smile.gif
I LOVE Edge's voice -- it's lovely, and yet different from Bono's.

------------------
"I just don't care anymore, won't cry these tears anymore.."

Popheart.org

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Somewhat related:

Isn't it amazing how Edge sounds like Bono, yet their speaking voices don't sound all that similar?
smile.gif
I LOVE Edge's voice -- it's lovely, and yet different from Bono's.

In the early years, this was definitely true.

Then, in the JT/R&H years, when Bono's voice was on another planet, poor Edge took a VERY distant backseat.

Now, there are times, forgive me Bono for writing this, that Edge sounds better. However, Bono on a good night will still blow Edge away (listen to "Walk On" at the Grammy's - very powerful ending) but when Bono is scratchy, thank God for Edge!
wink.gif

Originally posted by doctorwho:

In the early years, this was definitely true.

Then, in the JT/R&H years, when Bono's voice was on another planet, poor Edge took a VERY distant backseat.

Now, there are times, forgive me Bono for writing this, that Edge sounds better. However, Bono on a good night will still blow Edge away (listen to "Walk On" at the Grammy's - very powerful ending) but when Bono is scratchy, thank God for Edge!
wink.gif

As always, you're absolutely correct.
smile.gif
Edge does (unfortunately) sometimes sound better than Bono, but other times Bono is just as good -- most likely based on how rested his voice is. Both of them have fantastic voices.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I just don't care anymore, won't cry these tears anymore.."

Popheart.org

Originally posted by diamond:
Iam down(ok) w/that vid.
It was U2 being U2 way back when.
Making a statement and a difference w/o a care.
In a word or 2
righteous,
brilliant.

-diamond

I'm with you Diamond. BRILLIANT video. The guys were absolulely BEAUTIFUL. Every time I watch it, I want to run up and hug them, they are so cute. LOVE the hair and clothes, and BOOTS! Sigh! They were so full of enery! Yes, if you don't like it, you are a 'bad fan' LOL. This is what U2 was, where they came from, what they are made of, and that's pretty darn special.

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

It's a classic, and I agree it defined what U2 was. When I watch it now, I get the old feeling again and it feels like this is my band, this is U2. I love and enjoy it!

As for the looks, I could never understand anyone finding anything 'funny' about it. They look very normal to me, and very good looking! They just had on average looking clothes and their hair was nice. I think they look better then than they do now, and if you want to see "WTF" check out those 4 oddly clad weirdo characters that crawled out of that lemon. Now THAT is a freaky looking bunch.
wink.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

In defense of U2, it was the 80's. People were obligated to dress like that.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom