Place your bets! When will the next U2 tour begin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When will the next tour start?

• 01/2003

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 02/2003

• 03/2003

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • 04/2003

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • 05/2003

• 06/2003

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • 07/2003

• 08/2003

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 09/2003

• 10/2003

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • 11/2003

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • 12/2003

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 01/2004

• 02/2004

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • 03/2004

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • 04/2004

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • 05/2004

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • 06/2004

• 07/2004

• 08/2004

• 09/2004

• 10/2004

• 11/2004

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 12/2004

• Total voters

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
In which month and year do you think the next tour will start?

You only get one vote, so make it count!

i said march of 2004 because i don't think there will be a new album out until late next year, and U2 won't tour again without having ample time for their album to get exposure and sink in with the masses

why must these polls be so hard on the eyes

do we win a prize if we guess right? :D

I go 04/04...I would love to be wrong and have it be sooner, but it seems logical since there is no new album, and they usually start their tours in the spring anyways.

New album released late 2003 and tour starting April 2004.

*starts saving*

4/2004...only because I can't see them touring as early as this spring, and it seems like their tours have tended to start in the spring lately...

my bet , they will hit us this , or next year with major world tour . why , cause they have no time to waste , in 2005 they will look much older then now , they gotta " not to let it get away " . it's just a thought , but all these breaks they are not so good for the band , common U2 get angry!!! , say " fuck ya all " , and make a solid world tour , time is thief . cause if they will leave us with no tour in next two years , i think they will split up :huh: :scratch:

all those choices...wowee! :eek:

anyway, i voted for 5/04 just cuz that's when i want them to start. i'll be outta school, so maybe if they didn't come here (ha! i doubt they will anyway) i could travel to see them in atlanta or something.

for my sake....asap, PLEASE!!!!!!
for their sake....when they are good and ready

I'm with follower, I really hoped they would come to Oz on the
last tour. i respect whatever decisions they make, but the wait can get...well..... I don't want to feel like that again.

Record companies don't like bands releasing albums a year after the previous release. Plus, U2 has been known to take a while in the studio. So, I'd expect the new album to come out in Early 2004 with the tour starting July 2004.

follower said:
I have no idea, really. And to be honest, I don?t care. Too disappointed with the last one, don?t wanna feel that way again.

What are you talking about?! The Elevation Tour was great!

It was the second most highest-earning tour EVER (second only to the Rolling Stones)!

BigMacPhisto said:
Record companies don't like bands releasing albums a year after the previous release. Plus, U2 has been known to take a while in the studio. So, I'd expect the new album to come out in Early 2004 with the tour starting July 2004.

But ATYCLB was released TWO years ago and U2 have released three simultaneous albums in three years already (Boy/October/War).

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

But ATYCLB was released TWO years ago and U2 have released three simultaneous albums in three years already (Boy/October/War).

Yes but that was when they were just starting and trying to get noticed. Since they became successful the trend is to take their time in the studio because they can afford to. Larry himself said it takes at least 2 years for them to make a record properly.

They were on tour until December of last year. That combined with Bono's globe trotting indicates to me there wont be a new album until at the very earliest late fall 2003.

Last edited:
Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

What are you talking about?! The Elevation Tour was great!

It was the second most highest-earning tour EVER (second only to the Rolling Stones)!

Surely it was great. For North Americans and Europeans and for the ones that could afford to go to those places. That?s the kind of disappointment I?m referring to. That?s why I said I don?t care. I wouldn?t care even if their tour had been the highest-earning ever.

*sends hugs and kisses to all the South American, Asian, Aussie and New Zealand fans :hug: :heart:

follower said:

Surely it was great. For North Americans and Europeans and for the ones that could afford to go to those places. That?s the kind of disappointment I?m referring to. That?s why I said I don?t care. I wouldn?t care even if their tour had been the highest-earning ever.

They can't play everywhere! And what about Popmart and Zoo TV? Both of which went to the places missed this time around!

Further, I've read that on Zoo TV, U2 would make, at MOST, a 5% profit! So most of the ticket prices were to cover the HUGE expentditure of the tour (which would be the exact same for Elevation). And what about the general admisison policy?

Jeez...

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

They can't play everywhere! And what about Popmart and Zoo TV? Both of which went to the places missed this time around!

Further, I've read that on Zoo TV, U2 would make, at MOST, a 5% profit! So most of the ticket prices were to cover the HUGE expentditure of the tour (which would be the exact same for Elevation). And what about the general admisison policy?

Jeez...

Joshua_Tree_Hugger

I know they cannot go everywhere, and like cass said we must respect their choices. I said that the tour was great also for those who could afford to go to those places and that?s the main problem for people like me. They sort of got us hooked, waiting for them to come to Brasil, partially because they came here to promote ATYCLB (see my signature) and we were left with the strong idea that they would come with the tour. We didn?t have the chance to save some money to go to, lets say, Miami, because they didn?t announce what were their plans from the beginning and nowadays I doubt they ever had plans of getting the tour outside the North America/Europe circuit. So many fans like me were sort of caught in a trap, know what I mean?

Plus they only came here with Popmart. Just once, not twice. Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming for the 4th time, by the way (pun intended), and they are not exactly a small band or with a declining career and the economic situation here is not better than last year. And general admission is not a big deal for us. You cannot put and average of 100.000 people sat in the Morumbi stadium, and they didn?t play at Maracan?. That?s the average of audience they had, the 3 concerts they played here.

With all that said, I really don?t care. But I still love U2. Their music plays a special role in my life. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
((((hugs follower))))
I was sure they'd make it to So. America too.:(
They did the promo concert in Brazil and released 'big girls are best' (inspired in Brazil, by Brazilians:)), so I thought it was a given U2 would bring Elevation tour there.

oh, I voted Oct. 2004 but I'm ready any time.

Back
Top Bottom