Pick one show from any tour that you wish you could have in Soundboard/Broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starvela

The Fly
I was just fantasizing about what if you could choose one show from any tour in an awesome Soundboard/Broadcast recording...WoW, now this is a tuff question..Of course all current shows that are already available in Soundboard/Broadcast don't count...

I would choose the ZOOTV April 21, 1992 Tacoma, Washington show...It's an awesome show and has the baddest freaking version of ONE..The audience recording is nice but I would die to have this recording in Soundboard... mainly just for ONE!!!

Boy Tour - New York 1981
October Tour - St Patrick's Day (New York 1982)
War Tour - Loreley 1983 (and of course Red Rocks!)
UF Tour - Chicago 1985
JT Tour - Chicago 1987 or Tempe 1987
Lovetown Tour - The 4 Rotterdam 1990 Nights Box Set :drool:
Zoo TV - Stockholm 1992
Zoo TV (Zooropa) - Dublin 1993 or the Wembley Nights 1 or 2
Popmart - Rotterdam 1997 and Santiago 1998 :heart:
Elevation - Not really interested in
Vertigo - Santiago 2006 :heart:

I'd love to have them released OFFICIALLY :drool:

Wasn't Hartford and/or MSG 2001 supposed to be a particularly good show for those tours?

Vertigo Seattle #2 is not discussed very much when it was easily a top 3 show on the entire tour. The boys decided to put on a clinic for Paul Allen, Bill Gates, REM, Pearl Jam and The Killers who were all spotted in the audience.

u2fp

Last edited:
ponkine said:
Boy Tour - New York 1981
UF Tour - Chicago 1985
Zoo TV - Stockholm 1992

i have the entire show of ZooTV stockholm 1992 with decent pretty good audio/video...i wonder if there is some way to give it to you...

ponkine said:
Boy Tour - New York 1981
UF Tour - Chicago 1985
Zoo TV - Stockholm 1992

:scratch: A lot of those are already available in full broadcast and/or soundboard quality OR they have a top notch audience recording of them. Why would you want a soundboard of a show you already have a broadcast or soundboard of anyway? :shrug:

My pick(s) would be shows that no bootleg has ever surfaced of:

Dublin 82 December shows
Honolulu 1983
Honolulu 1985
Perth 1 1989 (video audio that is awful only available currently)
September 15, 1992 Chicago
Brisbane 93
Ottawa 05
Charlotte 05

there is a guy known as axblack on youtube, he has really good quality videos of sometimes very rare stuff, so maybe contact him if you're interested in some rare footage...

btw, does anybody know who he is? Is he a member on this forum?

U2FanPeter said:

Vertigo Seattle #2 is not discussed very much when it was easily a top 3 show on the entire tour. The boys decided to put on a clinic for Paul Allen, Bill Gates, REM, Pearl Jam and The Killers who were all spotted in the audience.

I was at that show--well both Seattle actually. Bill Gates, at least, was there the first night. I was less than 50 feet from him. :wink: Oh, and Vedder sang with Kings of Leon the second night. I never heard anything, though, about The Killers or REM being there....

corianderstem said:
Seattle #2

:drool: :drool: :drool:

KILLER show.

I take it you were there too? One of my favourite moments was on Vertigo when Bono sang the lyric "Just give me what I want and shut the fuck up!"

:lol: I forgot about that! I remember it being the premiere of the Vertigo encore, and a killer version of Bad, and Gloria was played ... it was a great, great show.

Peter Buck from REM was in the VIP section at the back of the floor. Along with Howard Schultz of Starbucks fame.

May 7, 2005 Chicago- the only time I've yet to see them. I've got the show, but it isn't the most enjoyable to listen to...

Vertigo Toronto III (Sept 16th, 2005)

Hell I'd love a lousy audience recording version of this. This is the only U2 show I've been to and a fantastic night. Love to have a permanent memento of it.

the tourist said:

I was at that show--well both Seattle actually. Bill Gates, at least, was there the first night. I was less than 50 feet from him. :wink: Oh, and Vedder sang with Kings of Leon the second night. I never heard anything, though, about The Killers or REM being there....

Bono spent the night at Gates house(one of the handful of houses in the world bigger than Edge's) after Seattle #1.

The Killers played Vancouver the night before and had a day off to spend at the soundboard for Seattle #2. Buck lives in Seattle and I shook his hand on the way out of the gig.

Seattle contained a killer version of RTSS with Bono doing a guitar and harmonic solo. It also had the 2nd ever OOTS. Bono broke his swearing rule(5 times) for the Vertigo tour after behaving himself for the first dozen show.

Seattle #2 was especially good because the gourp were kinda flat the first night for whatever reason.

u2fp

Tempe 12/20/87
Ames 9/11/92
Minneapolis 5/1/01
Omaha 12/15/05
Actually I would be happy if a complete and decent sounding audience recording of Omaha were to surface.

U2FanPeter said:
Wasn't Hartford and/or MSG 2001 supposed to be a particularly good show for those tours?

u2fp

Definitely. That's my favorite show of the tour. So many cool moments. Probably the finest versions of Vertigo (the 2nd version) and Running To Stand Still on the whole tour. It reminded me of that kickass Leeds 1997 show just in terms of pure rockness.

I've only downloaded and listened to Seattle I because I thought it was a very good setlist. Are there any Seattle II bootlegs available in a decent quality?

I thought both Seattle shows were very good audience recordings. The one I have of the second show is better than the one I have of the first.

corianderstem said:
I thought both Seattle shows were very good audience recordings. The one I have of the second show is better than the one I have of the first.

I don't have the second show. :sad:

I've seen both on U2 start, but the second one is only rated with 3 stars for quality. The first show that I downloaded some time ago is very good quality, and also a very good show.

UF Tour - 1985-08-25 - Cork
COH Tour - 1986-06-06 Los Angeles(I'd love to hear that amazing version of NYD in good quality:drool: )
JT Tour - 1987-07-08 Brussels
Zoo TV Tour - 1992-11-25 Mexico City
Popmart - 1998-02-17 Perth

Zoo_Fly said:
I'd love to see Toronto I from Vertigo... an amazing night complete with 'In a Little While'.

:yes:

That show seems to be something like the Holy Grail here ... it would be so cool if it emerged someday!

starvela said:
I was just fantasizing about what if you could choose one show from any tour in an awesome Soundboard/Broadcast recording...WoW, now this is a tuff question..Of course all current shows that are already available in Soundboard/Broadcast don't count...

I would choose the ZOOTV April 21, 1992 Tacoma, Washington show...It's an awesome show and has the baddest freaking version of ONE..The audience recording is nice but I would die to have this recording in Soundboard... mainly just for ONE!!!

You should visit U2start.com. There's tons of shows on there and a decent quality version of the Tacoma show.

Back
Top Bottom