Pick one show from any tour that you wish you could have in Soundboard/Broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
last unicorn said:

:yes:

That show seems to be something like the Holy Grail here ... it would be so cool if it emerged someday!

holy shit are you serious? full IALW??? :drool: :drool:

yeah we need this badly...

wow what an incredible show...

corianderstem said:
For those of you (aka The Tourist) looking for Seattle 2:

part 1: http://www.send space.com/file/b1feup

part 2: http://www.send space.com/file/pxdext

Copy and past the url into your browser and delete the space in the middle.

Enjoy! :)

Thank you very much! I just downloaded it and I'm gonna try to listen to it this weekend if I get a chance.

The Seattle 2 show was posted on U2torrents a few months ago in what I believe was a different source from the previously available recording. It's an excellent audience DAT - way better than what I downloaded back in '05. I have not listened to the version currently up on U2start, so I don't know if it's the old one or the new one.

bgmckinney said:
The Seattle 2 show was posted on U2torrents a few months ago in what I believe was a different source from the previously available recording. It's an excellent audience DAT - way better than what I downloaded back in '05. I have not listened to the version currently up on U2start, so I don't know if it's the old one or the new one.

Oh dear. I had downloaded that and completely forgotten I had it! I haven't even checked it out yet. Will have to remedy that. :up:

Tacoma #2 ZOOTV would be my pick for a show to put on the deluxe AB DVD. Presumably it would exist like the Sacramento UTEOTW clip, albiet in unedited form.

liamcool said:
Dundee 26/02/1983.

Good call :)

I'd also love to have 1987-12-20 Tempe and 1992-11-25 Mexico City. Any of the gigs with the extended piano intro versions of October and NYD would be very cool also.

St Patricks Day, Denver, 1985. First time seeing U2. Bono came out and shouted "One Mile is not high enough, we're goin' up and we're NEVER comin' down!" I have chills just typing it. That announcement set the tone and it never once let up. Amazing show. Guy in a Motorhead shirt in tears. Just earth moving.

salty72 said:
Tempe 12/20/87
Ames 9/11/92
Minneapolis 5/1/01
Omaha 12/15/05
Actually I would be happy if a complete and decent sounding audience recording of Omaha were to surface.

I was at the Ames and Mpl shows! I'd love a soundboard of Mpls in 92 for the extended Wild Horses.

I was listening to the May 7, 2005 show the other day, and when i took my earbuds out i couldn't hear anything. the sound quality was that bad. plus you have to turn it up all the way to really hear anything.

any soundboard of a show i already have would be amazing seeing as it wouldn't make my head hurt. but all of the shows i've been too weren't the best. lets just say that the Lexington, Kentucky arena has horrible acoustics.

agree with rotterdam 1/10/90. that whole stint was amazing...
i'd take any of the Hartford, CT shows from may 1987, even though the audience recordings are pretty damn good. great setlists, with blistering performances of the electric co and a sort of homecoming, 2 of my favorites....
or NYC 9/28/87 - the one with the new voices of freedom. there already is a fantastic audience version of the show, probably my favorite audience recording period. but who wouldn't want to hear a broadcast version? bono sings like a man posessed, as if he's trying out for the gospel choir in the initial performance of ISHFWILF (just the band)...

dudeman said:
agree with rotterdam 1/10/90. that whole stint was amazing...
i'd take any of the Hartford, CT shows from may 1987, even though the audience recordings are pretty damn good. great setlists, with blistering performances of the electric co and a sort of homecoming, 2 of my favorites....
or NYC 9/28/87 - the one with the new voices of freedom. there already is a fantastic audience version of the show, probably my favorite audience recording period. but who wouldn't want to hear a broadcast version? bono sings like a man posessed, as if he's trying out for the gospel choir in the initial performance of ISHFWILF (just the band)...

Seems like the 1/10/90 Rotterdam is the popular choice here...it would be awesome to have that in a really good soundboard recording...Also, I have to agree those Hartford, CT shows from May 1987 were awesome performances...

>>Babyface/Zooropa<<

Neither song actually "worked" in a live setting. Each was only done about 3-5 each, around the UK on the Zooropa tour.

The youtube version of the live Zooropa is from the same show that also contained a rare babyface performance. The Pimm concert chronology book said Bono could never make up his mind whether BF should be sung in deep or falsetto voice - the studio version contained both at the same time.

I have an audience video for the 8/20/93 show that I've never seen listed elsewhere on the net or on anybody's tradelist. When the girl was brought up during BF(in lieu of TTTYAATW) for the champagne/videocamera bit she got Bono on his back and and started grinding him infront of 70'000 folks. Bono's father was in the audience and complained about the incident in the Flanagan book.

u2fp

Vertigo Tour 5/25/05 Boston
Slane Castle 2001
Tempe 1987-Sun Devil Stadium
Dortmund 1984
War-Anything from these days, preferably Red Rocks

Back
Top Bottom