Piano clips----do they exist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
About a month and a half ago, I met a friend of a friend and discovered that he was as insane a U2 fan as many of us here. He knew as many intricate details as the rest of us nutters, and he got as excited as I did to find another uber-fan.

During the conversation, he said that he had seven or so mp3s of Bono playing the piano. This was a few weeks after Bono had mentioned that he was taking "lessons," and well before the beach clips. He said that some tracks were more formed, and others were very rough and were just Bono playing around. When I asked how he'd gotten them, he said that he "trades in odd circles." We exchanged emails, and he promised to email the tracks off to me and I offered to send him some boots in return.

Lo and behold, it's a month and a half later and this guy has fallen off the face of the earth. :eyebrow:

A good part of me thinks this guy is full of crap. I mean, come on. I found it pretty hard to believe that I'd hear of something that no one else on Interference had heard of before. The fact that he hasn't come through doesn't help the odds. There is, however, a tiny bit of me that thinks that this dude wouldn't intentionally lie to me----namely, because he is fully aware that we will run into each other now and then in the future through our mutual friend. (Honestly..if I knew I'd see someone a bunch of times again, I wouldn't try and pull a fast one like that!). Plus, he actually has written back to one of my emails---if I were caught in a lie, I'd probably ignore it altogether.

Anyway, has anyone heard of such tapes even existing??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom