Photographic evidence that U2 have been remixing POP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
334%3C%3B77923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B673497ot1lsi

:rant:

Why the hell they would dress like that era, if they werent into it.

j/k

I am in Australia so my time zone concepts are a bit fucked up, but 4a I think that was taken Yesterday

Gypsy Loves POP!

ishkash said:
Photographic evidence that U2 have been remixing POP

334%3C%3B77923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B673497ot1lsi

:rant:

Why the hell they would dress like that era, if they werent into it.

j/k

I am in Australia so my time zone concepts are a bit fucked up, but I think that was taken Yesterday

Make sure you send this picture to GypsyHeartGirl. She adores the "Pop" era and especially Bono's look back then. I'm sure she'll love to know that U2 have returned to that state. :cute:

;)

Last edited:
yes , it's a completely new pic , glad they finally dropped this ATYCLB theatre shit , go POP , go real music , go real life .

I guess thats you in the middle, right?:sexywink:

Re: Gypsy Loves POP!

doctorwho said:

Make sure you send this picture to GypsyHeartGirl. She adores the "Pop" era and especially Bono's look back then. I'm sure she'll love to know that U2 have returned to that state. :cute:

;)

I'd love to do that, but I am sure within couple of hours this would be in PLEBA anyway.:)

cool picture.its weird that I always wanted Edge in that knitted hat, not the ones he used on the stage.he looks more of a rock star in a hat than a beanie.

But the thread title and the actual content is quite humorous.:up:

Re: Gypsy Loves POP!

doctorwho said:

;)

NOOOOOOO!! :down: :barf: :yuck: :no: It IS my nightmare! :scream:

I hate it! Oh, why?! Throw that crap away, worst look ever!! But Bono is NOT bald underneath:sexywink:

I was awful scared though! Can you imagine my heart attack, thinking, oh that can't be new, what's he got under that hood??!!
Poor Gypsy!:sad: Sure was glad to see the kissing pics! He still has some hair on his head, not long, but hair! Whew, thank you!

Last edited:
pinkfloyd said:
yes , it's a completely new pic , glad they finally dropped this ATYCLB theatre shit , go POP , go real music , go real life .

WTF you talkin' about? :confused: You are being sarcastic, right? What you said described Pop. Nothing was more real than ATYCLB.

Last edited:
GypsyHeartgirl said:

WTF you talkin' about? :confused: You are being sarcastic, right? What you said described Pop. Nothing was more real than ATYCLB.

it's my point of view , that POP was much interesting and entertaining record then ATuCLB , ATuCLB was ok , but now it's too booring and incomplete , for example there are some pretty good stuff on it , like Walk On , BD , Stuck , New York but even this stuff ( i'm not talking about oldies like kite , ialw , grace ) can't be compared to Last Night On Earth , Mofo , Please , Wake Up Dead Man , discotheque , Do You Feel Loved , Miami , Gone , If You Wear That Velvet Dress , the tiny lyrical minus of IFWSHA and Playboy mansion is insignificant to songs from 2000 album , and the last thing , the excellent sound of POP , so what that United States don't like it , i'm not talking about tour , i'm talking about music , culture , atmosphere , and it doesn't matter if it sounds Dark , the only way is self-destruction , by all these factors POP is far greater then All That You Can't Leave Behind . they did music , they were working on it , they were NOT busy by working on Free Africa , third world debt companies .

In that smooching picture, it looks like the B-Man needs to invest in some Coppertone sunblock! He looks a little :eek:

Anyway, bring back the Pop era. I loved it! More power to them.

Love them AGAIN? I never loved them more than during ATYCLB. They were so soft and cuddly and cool. They rule!

zooropamanda said:
maybe ive had too many cold drugs
im confused

why?
is it a lil joke to get the pop haters wound up?
dognammit :confused:

Needn't fear... I fully know how Gypsy feels about "Pop" and especially Bono's look during that era. As a result, when she teases me or there is a certain "Pop" thread - like this one - I make sure I tease her back. :D

For me, it's all in good fun - I don't think I've ever truly questioned Gypsy on her views. And I'm 99% sure Gypsy knows I'm just teasing her. That 1% uncertainty comes from the fact that she often reiterates her dislike for that album/era - as if I didn't know. :sexywink:

Oh, and keep up with the drugs. :up:

I didn't like Bono's look during Pop all that much, but I really liked the spirit of adventure they had during that era. And I love the honesty of the ATYCLB era. And I'm sure whatever they do in the future, I'm going to love as well, because it comes from the heart.

And in true PLEBA spirit, Larry will always look good! :tongue: So I don't really care what they wear or how they cut their hair, as long as they keep rockin'.

I wouldn't read too much into this pic. It's hot as hell and could it be that Edge and Bono are simply trying to keep the sun off of them, particularly as I saw one pic of Bono and it looked like he'd gotten a bit too much sun that day. :laugh: :love:

Well, I'm not going to lie. I DO care how they wear their hair and dress. I strongly dislike the POP era fashion and I am no fan of the record either. As long as Bono still has a decent amount of hair on his head -which he does, even though he cut it it's not too short, I'm happy. I hope they DO rock on, with an album far, far, from the sound of POP! I want some real hard rocking rock and roll! With long hair too would be nice;) I do think too much is being made of this pic. It's not a big deal and doesn't mean anything, I'm sure.

I personally would not want the pop era returning in any way, shape or form. However, I wouldn't mind hearing a version of Pop that is actually great.

I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of Bono's looks. There!

:) I think he hit a high point with Pop. Short hair, buff, rock star. That sounds like me. Maybe that's why I approve so much.

Danospano said:
I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of Bono's looks. There!

:) I think he hit a high point with Pop. Short hair, buff, rock star. That sounds like me. Maybe that's why I approve so much.

:sexywink: Intriguing...:lol:

Well, everybody here knows that I am an ardent fan of all things Pop (the album, the tour, the style...you name it!) BUT...I really hope they aren't mixing Pop. If it's not broken, don't fix it...and I've never really been a fan of "remixes." I usually tend to skip those.

Pop is my favorite alblum its so drak and striped down. You fell that alblum in your heart. Wake up dead man is the song i will be buried too. so much of that alblum has helped me. And bono did look very healthy during that period. He was very in shape and his hair made him look younger. And his neck wasnt so falbby.

Back
Top Bottom