Photo of Slane from the stage!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
This is very cool! Moby took a picture of the crowd at Slane from the stage, and posted it on his website. Can you imagine being up there??? wow....

slane_finger.jpg

Originally posted by *Ally*:
This is very cool! Moby took a picture of the crowd at Slane from the stage, and posted it on his website. Can you imagine being up there??? wow....

slane_finger.jpg

wooooow see between the heart and the big black thing the speakers/ lights or whatever they are,i was in the middle of them, which i am proud of seeing as my dad wanted to stand way behind the crowd
biggrin.gif
wow moby ruled i was dancing like a lunatic when he came out..
biggrin.gif
but i really think it was because u2 were about to come out on stage

[This message has been edited by bono-vox (edited 01-18-2002).]

Wow!!!

So to those who were there...what was it like being with all those other people? It looks like there were about 50,000+ people there!

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Wow!!!

So to those who were there...what was it like being with all those other people? It looks like there were about 50,000+ people there!

actually, i think there were closer to 100,000 people there! they sold 80,000 tickets, but there were tons of people with fake tickets, as well as fence-jumpers, who made it in. i was at Slane 1, and it was AWESOME! truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.... i was at the outside tip of the heart- it was actually a really great system. the heart itself held around 600 people, and then the area outside the tip of the heart was also barricaded off- i think it held around 400 people. so since i was also in a barricaded off area, my friends and i were free to sit and move around, etc. i think it was tougher for the people behind the barricades, though...

Wow!!!

Was first person through the ticket collectors Slane 2 so we got front rail centre. Didn't realise how big the thing was until I turned round and saw 80 000 people behind me!

But it was a great atmosphere - especially with the football!
biggrin.gif

Wow! Thanks for posting that! I remember when he took that photo! He said he wanted a picture of 80,000 people telling him to f*** off. I didn't think we'd actually get to see it! It's a cool picture. I'm on it somewhere - I was about half way up the hill though so it's a bit difficult to pick me out. LOL. But even from that far away it was still the best day of my life!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"They come in pints! I'm getting one!"

Wow!!!

More like just over 80,000 that's how many tickets were sold but they let more people in. It was great being right at the front until it was all over and you realise you are at the back of 80,000 people trying to get out 2 quite small gates at about midnight the try and find a taxi or bus that wasn't full lol. Seriously though it was great. The atmosphere was amazing. I was at Slane 1
smile.gif
I still remember it and always will
smile.gif
good memories
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by UV2001 (edited 01-18-2002).]

I love the sun rays, just before I arrived (remember the pink sky...there in spirit)Mother Nature really turned it on for U2 that day imho.
Is that a representative from I.com holding up the smilie on a stick?
lol@the irish salute, glad he didn't suggested a bonoesque group mooning session, just for old time's sake.
You're all gorgeous, thanks for sharing the pic.

Thanks Ally!!
It gave me goosebumps to look at. Just amazing to see that many people gathered for one reason and being in the best of moods. I was at Slane 1 and the show and the whole trip to London and Dublin was just amazing and something I will remember forever as THE trip of my life.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

That is one AMAZING picture

<---- envious of everyone that was there

You know Bono did something similar at closing night. He grabbed the photographers camera and snapped away before leaving the stage. He also had the photographer take a pic of the crowd during streets. I hope we get to see them.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Back
Top Bottom