Petition to bring back Van Diemen's Land

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I want to prepare a petition for the Edge to play Van Diemen's Land on the next tour. This is one of very few songs that actually chokes me up. I want to hear it live. I think the Edge needs to do at least one song at every U2 show. And this should be it. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 12-09-2001).]

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
I want to prepare a petition for the Edge to play Van Diemen's Land on the next tour. This is one of very few songs that actually chokes me up. I want to hear it live. I think the Edge needs to do at least one song at every U2 show. And this should be it. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 12-09-2001).]

I'm with you

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Van Deimens Land is a cool song, I like it, but Im not sure Id want to hear it live, what with it taking up time in which other songs could be played and or extended.

Oh God, I LOVE that song!!!!!!!!
It is definitely one of my favorites.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

I think its cool just to hear The Edge sing something. He's done VDL, Numb, Karaoke, and SBS, but on this tour we got nothing! Come on Edge... Step up to the mike!

Only if they play "IYWTVD" and "All I Want Is You" along with it. Although that song does make me get sniffly, and it has among the most beautiful lyrics Edge OR Bono has ever penned.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Back
Top Bottom