Perfecting ATYCLB...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2DMfan said:
well I guess that song could be about sex reading that last part.

:wink:

It's the traditional U2 "hey, this song's dark, but let's make it sound like it's about sex too!" trick.

U2DMfan said:
well I guess that song could be about sex reading that last part.

:wink:

Yeah... either way, the music sounds pretty smooth and sexy to me... totally different from the mood of most of the ATYCLB songs. That was the reason for omission. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Yeah... either way, the music sounds pretty smooth and sexy to me... totally different from the mood of most of the ATYCLB songs. That was the reason for omission. :wink:

In A Little While? Wild Honey?

Axver said:

In A Little While? Wild Honey?

eh... IALW is more like an adult contemporary nostalgia cut. I guess you have more of a case with Wild Honey. But even Wild Honey IMO is nothing more than a happy, summery Van Morrisson-esque tune.

Neither is sexy on the lines of Velvet Dress, Stateless, Your Blue Room or even the Unforgettable Fire.

well an album that contains such a wide variety as ATYCLB, I'm not sure "breaking the mood" makes sense to me.

I'd put it 9th if it were just added as is. Right after Peace on Earth.
and follow it with New York, and then bring the mood back up with WILATW right before Grace.

or whatever, I just think it's among the 11 best songs from that period, so any revisionist history has to contain that song, IMO.

Axver said:
How could you possibly take away Grace's wonderful lyrics?

Seriously, get over "grace, it's a name for a girl, it's also a thought that changed the world" and listen to the rest of the bloody thing. Fantastic song, especially lyrically.

:up:

typhoon said:
How about an ATYCLB double album? There are 19 unqiue songs floating around from this period (20 if you count "Falling At Your Feet," which was reportedly considered for the album), everybody seems to think they're all album-worthy, and it's not like they release decent B-sides anymore anyway.

Here's a stab at it:

Disc 1:
  • Beautiful Day
  • Stuck In A Moment
  • Elevation
  • Flower Child
  • Big Girls Are Best
  • Summer Rain
  • Love You Like Mad
  • Stateless
  • New York
  • Grace

Disc 2:
  • The Ground Beneath Her Feet
  • Kite
  • In A Little While
  • Wild Honey
  • Levitate
  • Always
  • Falling At Your Feet
  • When I Look at the World
  • Peace On Earth
  • Walk On

:drool:

Zootlesque said:

Hey Ms. Bono. You didn't send Flower Child to me already, did ya? Cos I haven't received it yet.

you haven't?! :sad: but i DID send it...

oh well, guess I'll try again?

Stateless :drool: one of my favourite U2 songs ever. They did some amazing stuff on the MDH soundtrack, really. And the production was wonderful.

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Kite
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Stuck In A Moment (Acoustic)
Levitate
Wild Honey
When I Look At The World
New York
Peace On Earth
Walk On

Thats a great album but I've struggled with the order. I'll admit I also want IALW in there.

Needs playing with.

I like the actual tracklist, but if it had to reformulated...

1. Beautiful day
2. Elevation [as the Tomb Rider mix]
3. Wild honey
4. Kite
5. Levitate
6. Stuck in a moment you can't get out of
7. In a little while
8. Peace on Earth
9. Walk On
10. New York
11. When I look at the world
12. Grace

SINGLES:

1) Beautiful day + Always + The ground beneath her feet
2) Stuck in a moment + Big girls are best
3) Elevation + Love you like mad
4) Walk On + Stuck in a moment (acoustic)
5) Levitate + Flower child + Stateless

several remixes included

All That You Can't Leave Behind

1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck in a moment...(Studio or acoustic, both are great)
3. Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)
4. Walk On'
5. Kite
6. In a Little While
7. Wild Honey
8. Summer Rain
9. When I look at the World
10. New York
11. Stateless

wow.......:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: ....Wow...

stateless wouild rule as an album closer

Nice tracklists everyone!

Okay, I'm giving mine another try! This is of course partly inspired by the person who opened their list with BD - Elevation - Kite. :bow: And I take back what I said about Walk On. Albeit a tad long, it DOES make a terrific closer! :wink:

SIDE A
1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation
3. Kite
4. New York
5. Scatter Of Light slightly reworked 'In A Little While'
6. Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)
slow strumming sing-along end to side A

SIDE B
7. Levitate :drool: Best opener since Discotheque... better than BD!
8. Peace On Earth
9. Wild Honey
10. When I Look At The World
11. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
12. Walk On

Actually, Wild Honey could even be replaced by Stateless and I think it would work. There... my 2nd attempt. Bring on the opinions! :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Nice tracklists everyone!

Okay, I'm giving mine another try! This is of course partly inspired by the person who opened their list with BD - Elevation - Kite. :bow: And I take back what I said about Walk On. Albeit a tad long, it DOES make a terrific closer! :wink:

SIDE A
1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation
3. Kite
4. New York
5. Scatter Of Light slightly reworked 'In A Little While'
6. Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)
slow strumming sing-along end to side A

SIDE B
7. Levitate :drool: Best opener since Discotheque... better than BD!
8. Peace On Earth
9. Wild Honey
10. When I Look At The World
11. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
12. Walk On

Actually, Wild Honey could even be replaced by Stateless and I think it would work. There... my 2nd attempt. Bring on the opinions! :wink:

Hey Zoot, I'm proud of ya now! :D I agree, in fact I think it would work better with Stateless, because Stateless fits well sandwiched between Peace on Earth and When I Look at the World, while Wild Honey seems sort of random (though it stops the album from becoming too "slow" or dark).

As long as Levitate has reworked lyrics...no more baby eating, please.

I'm going to make my own tracklist soon.

I would switch Peace on earth and When I look at the world (which IMO depress the album too much) for a worked-on (shortened if nothing else) Levitate (best song of the Itunes outtakes by far IMO. perfect cross soundwise between Pop and ATYCLB. love the tribal Larry drums and soaring guitar/vocals) and Summer rain. (Wild honey could use an acoustic companion song)

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I would switch Peace on earth and When I look at the world (which IMO depress the album too much) for a worked-on (shortened if nothing else) Levitate (best song of the Itunes outtakes by far IMO. perfect cross soundwise between Pop and ATYCLB. love the tribal Larry drums and soaring guitar/vocals) and Summer rain. (Wild honey could use an acoustic companion song)

I think ATYCLB is white bread enough without removing two of the most musically interesting songs on the album for some plain U2 by the numbers songs.

Palace_Hero said:

I think ATYCLB is white bread enough without removing two of the most musically interesting songs on the album for some plain U2 by the numbers songs.

Well said! :up:

I don't understand why Summer Rain wasn't on there and Grace was! I'm not a huge fan of SR, but Grace is just so bad. I don't like the lyrics either.

*sorry Axver!*

Back
Top Bottom