Percentage of U2 fans that are male\female

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Percentage of U2 fans that are male\female

• Im Male

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Im Female

Votes: 56 51.4%
  • Im not telling/dont know/dont care/all of the above

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

beli

Blue Crack Addict
From AussieU2fanman
I browse through these forums and all I see is women posting. I was wondering if U2 has a primarily female fan base. So any idea on the relative percentage of each sex that are fans? I don't want U2 to be seen as a chicks band. A poll would be nice but I'm not a premium member

I think that the fan base is equally split, on here and out in the real world, well at the two concerts I have been to in Brisbane the fans were split fairly evenly, although I do think that U2 attracts a lot of nerds as fans (ooops I cant believe I just said that!!!!, somebody slap me!!!!)

:reject:

Last edited:
This poll confuses me to no end.......I honestly see way, way more female posts in general........but perhaps they just post more?

Forgot to mention I'm also a nerd. I'm also apparently a dork, geek, and fanlad. I'm not arguing with that.

Yes I also thought that there were a lot of women on the board and expected them to be well ahead on the poll but its actually fairly even (33 to 31 at the time of this post) :) .

< female

random question: where do the words feMALE and woMAN come from anyway? I mean, last time I checked, it takes something extra to create a male (by getting XY instead of XX) so shouldn't we have words for girls without some other masculine word tacked on?

BrittanyNova said:
what is a fanlad? :confused:

It's quite easy really ...

Fanatics are divided into two groups - fangirls and fanlads. My friends decided to call me the U2 Fanlad from U2 Fanland and it stuck ...

beli said:
Forgot to mention that Im a girlie too. :wave:

I certainly hope that someone with a signature proudly proclaiming "I'm Pregnant!" would be a girlie. Congratulations, btw, and best wishes for the next few months! I hope it all goes well. :)

I'm all girl too as well ...

I agree - with various people - I think U2's fan base is pretty evenly split, but I'd take a guess that more females would post on a message board.

I'm still reminded of a comment yertle once made in a thread:
"Unless there is clear evidence pointing otherwise, a person is female on Interference."

(or something like that)

:D

Marty

Back
Top Bottom