People who have won tickets for U2 tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveone

The Fly
I've just won! The email informing me of this has been laying in my junkbox for hours without me realising!

However it says the tickets enable me to only two performances from U2 - is this the same with everyone? please help! I was hoping we would get more than two

Last edited:
only 2 performances?? what's that mean? Congrats btw

Edited to beg: If anyone has a spare ticket at all, I'd be willing to give it a good home...for money..pls email me asap u2fan12000@yahoo.co.uk Thanks

Last edited:
Daveone said:

However it says the tickets enable me to only two performances from U2 - is this the same with everyone? please help! I was hoping we would get more than two

Yup, that's the same as what I got. :yes: Hey, 2's better than 1, right? :)

Daveone, darling, you know i love you, but you saying "only two performances" is really making me scream!!! Guess how much i got, ZERO is the answer!
Ok, i have to get over myself!:yikes:
I hope you´ll enjoy the show, have fun!:wink:

Congrats!!!! I wish I were young and able to have applied!:huh:

By the way Squishy Peanut, you were 6 years old when you heard Achtung Baby!!

Funny was 6 years old when I heard "Boy"...damn I'm old.

Congrats to everyone who got tickets...I'll be waiting for a report and video of the show!!:wink:

if the band is on at 8:00, for example in london, what time is that here in Central Canada, Ontario? Anyone know?

We better get a full report ASAP from the LUCKY LUCKY concert attendees!!!!! Also, don't show your face in hear unlease u come bearing video footage in mp3 format! LOL! Just kiddin...:|

:wink:

Enjoy yourself! :yes:

And PLEASE let us know how awesome it was.

...laying in my junk box for hours - I only wish! :hyper:

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL.... :wink:

ummm, I'm surprised more people aren't incredibally concerned about this 2 performance thing. Why can't anybody confirm it? Are U2 going to be performing a new song!? That's huge!

Maybe I'm being thick, but couldn't this 2 performance thing mean each ticket is valid for two persons? I remeber U2.com said each winner would get a pair of tickets so that might be it.

Though I think there's a good chance U2 might play more than one song tonight. Hopefully those who attend will bring us the goods as soon as possible. ;)

I think it's gonna be a damn gip if U2 only perform a 3 minute song! They fly to London to perform for the equivalent of an ad break. Comeon guys, you had better perform more than Vertigo, preferably a new song :D

Well, I just did a bit of checking, and on 27 September 2000, U2 performed Beautiful Day and Elevation for the first time. Beautiful Day by then had already been released as a single, and the album was due in just over a month. Guess who the recording was for? Top of the Pops!

Now, we have Vertigo being performed just over a month before the release of the album for the first time on Top of the Pops. Very reminiscient of last time. I'm going call this now - U2 will play another new song.

Axver said:
Well, I just did a bit of checking, and on 27 September 2000, U2 performed Beautiful Day and Elevation for the first time. Beautiful Day by then had already been released as a single, and the album was due in just over a month. Guess who the recording was for? Top of the Pops!

Now, we have Vertigo being performed just over a month before the release of the album for the first time on Top of the Pops. Very reminiscient of last time. I'm going call this now - U2 will play another new song.

I thought about that before, how they played 2 songs last time.

I'm with you Axver! NEW SONG ALL THE WAY :D :hyper:

Could I please ask a big favour? I'm going to be asleep during the TOTP broadcast, so when a video or audio copy becomes available, could someone please e-mail it to me? amakaxver@gmail.com is my address. I will love you forever. Especially if there is a new song. Come on Yahweh! (Ha, yeah right.)

I think veiwers will only get to see one song, that being Vertigo, they may well play a couple of other one's, but they might be just a couple of the classics and only for the people that are there.

No doubt TOTP will only show Vertigo, but I'm with the more-than-one-new-song crowd, here. Didn't they play BD, Elevation and Stuck on the Clarence rooftop performance? I think there's a very good chance they'll play 2/3 new songs today. Get those tape recorders ready people! ;)

I don't have a tape record, but I'm taking a video camera....don't get your hopes tho, if this turns out anything like my holiday video there isn't going to be much to see :huh: :mad:

They've rehearsed Miracle Drug and All Because of You at HQ, a source says... I want both! :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom