People need to get a clearer definition of a mullet....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dustybot

The Fly
I just read an article on u2log.com about Bono's current "mullet." Bono does not have a mullet at this time. Bono had a semi-mullet on the War tour, he had a massive one during the UF tour, but that's it. People seem to have the idea that any hair that's even slightly longer than average is a mullet. These fools are wrong, wrong I say! A mullet is short in the front and long in the back. Why can't they get that concept? I think mullet should be added to the dictionary for clarification....

random-mullet.jpg

mullet-of-the-week.jpg

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

See, I'm a guy with relatively long hair compared to what most guys have now, though it's absolutely not a mullet. I'm dreading the day someone uses the 'M' word to describe it.

I stand by my statement that Bono hasn't had a serious mullet since the mid-80's. But, oh, what a mullet....

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Here's another of the pics from Harvard-where it looks most like, well, you know....

It's just the way he had it styled-I saw him at all 4 shows this same week, and his hair looked nothing like the 'm' word
biggrin.gif

gala-006.jpg

lol , LOL !!!!!
now this one i like , hahahhahahahhahhahahah!!!!
Bono green student , back to the past

nice pic Gina Marie
smile.gif
smile.gif

gala-006.jpg

I'd call this a mullet-wannabe. Or a mullet waiting to happen. Not quite a mullet, though, you're right.

I am just amused by the entire gamut of mullets and mullet-wannabes and near-miss-mullets. It's all highly entertaining to me for some reason.

I don't think Bono has a mullet but whatever it is, he looks very handsome.
smile.gif

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
lol , LOL !!!!!
now this one i like , hahahhahahahhahhahahah!!!!
Bono green student , back to the past

nice pic Gina Marie
smile.gif
smile.gif
Here's more awesome pictures of Bono, The Edge and Paul at Harvard: http://www.cid.harvard.edu/events/gala2001/
I ound them some days ago after tracing back one of Wildhoney's pictures.
biggrin.gif

Thanks Mona!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Dustybot:
See, I'm a guy with relatively long hair compared to what most guys have now, though it's absolutely not a mullet. I'm dreading the day someone uses the 'M' word to describe it.

I stand by my statement that Bono hasn't had a serious mullet since the mid-80's.

I agree with you. I bet you and your hair look hot! If any ignorant geek uses the 'm' word, KICK HIS ASS!
biggrin.gif
You rock, dustybot!

It may not ever happen though, from what I've seen such ignorance on the definition of a mullet seems to be confined to certain parts of the internet, mainly this forum and U2log, and most people in real life have never heard the word.

GQ: But you must regret the mullet.

Bono: I regret that my hair looked like it had been pressed by an iron at the back when we did Live Aid. That's still very hard to deal with.

Here's another of the pics from Harvard-where it looks most like, well, you know....

It's just the way he had it styled-I saw him at all 4 shows this same week, and his hair looked nothing like the 'm' word
biggrin.gif

gala-006.jpg

Yeah I don't remember his hair looking like this at ALL in boston- tho that's prolly due to sensory overload.. but *sheepishly* when i saw this pic a while ago, I thought it was Fly era! I put it on my webpage under Acthung..aww lol I thought he looks like the Fly here!!

"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet. I think it comes down to Patrick Swayze or me."
- Bono

------------------
"I sing sometimes, like my life is at stake,
'cause you're only as loud as the noises you make" -Ani

Take Me Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

Short on top, and a party in the back!
biggrin.gif

i've heard a variation on that quote, HelloAngel: "Business in the front, party in the back!" LMAO!!! gotta love the mullet...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I agree with you. I bet you and your hair look hot! If any ignorant geek uses the 'm' word, KICK HIS ASS!
biggrin.gif
You rock, dustybot!

It may not ever happen though, from what I've seen such ignorance on the definition of a mullet seems to be confined to certain parts of the internet, mainly this forum and U2log, and most people in real life have never heard the word.

Why thank you Desire4Bono!
biggrin.gif

I was saddened during the Superbowl Halftime show when I saw that Bono had gotten the back of his hair cut.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
I was saddened during the Superbowl Halftime show when I saw that Bono had gotten the back of his hair cut.

better cut than ironed!

That Harvard picture looks a little deceiving... looks like there's a thick black shadow somewhere back there... his hair doesn't actually extend that far down his back, if you look closely.

But anyway, yeah mullets need to be redefined... those first two pictures are perfect examples--yuck!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by david:

As was I. I'm surprised more people didn't notice it. It happened at the WEF, it wasn't like that the first day but it was the second. I think it's too short now, I like the Boston hairstyle on him.

A_100.jpg

You people need to stop defending that pic of Bono in Boston, there is no reason to, there is nothing wrong with it. Those are some of the best Bono pics I have ever seen. Though I am not a fan of the gray haired mullet guy in that pic, I have no problem with Bono's mullets from the 80's, ironed or not, they looked fine. What's the big deal anyway?

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
As was I. I'm surprised more people didn't notice it. It happened at the WEF, it wasn't like that the first day but it was the second. I think it's too short now, I like the Boston hairstyle on him.

A_100.jpg

You people need to stop defending that pic of Bono in Boston, there is no reason to, there is nothing wrong with it. Those are some of the best Bono pics I have ever seen. Though I am not a fan of the gray haired mullet guy in that pic, I have no problem with Bono's mullets from the 80's, ironed or not, they looked fine. What's the big deal anyway?

Have to agree with ya there, Stormy.. I only like the mullet when it does NOT look like a beaver attacked Bono's head.
wink.gif
But I really like the Boston photo. I have a weakness for the somewhat long in back, and the longer curlier hair in front. Not sure why.
biggrin.gif
I love it though -- in my opinion, the shorter hair makes him look older, for some reason.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Have to agree with ya there, Stormy.. I only like the mullet when it does NOT look like a beaver attacked Bono's head.
wink.gif
But I really like the Boston photo. I have a weakness for the somewhat long in back, and the longer curlier hair in front. Not sure why.
biggrin.gif
I love it though -- in my opinion, the shorter hair makes him look older, for some reason.

Thank you Elevatedmole! That's what I thought, and what my family thought too. The shorter hair makes him look older and heavier in the face and more wrinkled in the neck. The longer hair framed his face and neck better and drew more attention to his eyes and smile instead. I don't know why he did it. The sad thing is it looks like someone just grabbed it and hacked it off, the bangs and the top layers are still just as long. Since it changed overnight from the first day of the WEF to the next, maybe that did happen, maybe someone told him it was too long to talk to those old stuffed shirts or something. I do hope he will trim the top a little to blend in and then let it all grow out long together. I, too, have a weakness for hair that is longer in the back!

Here is an example of how bad it looked, ouch:

A_099.jpg

When he walked it looked so short I nearly cried!

A_004.jpg

When he leaned his head back it looked better

A_085.jpg

When he turned sideways you could hardly tell it at all, this pic is good!

A_093.jpg

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 02-13-2002).]

It generally looks iffy when he first walks out onstage--a bit too coiffed--then it starts looking better as a show progresses. A li'l sweat goes a long way with the Bonoman's hair.

During the tour, it was so gelled and slicked back in the beginning, and he looked SO gorgeous as the show went on and it fluffed up, and I love his sweaty curls, grrowl! Maybe we should move this discussion to PLEBA- uh, then again maybe not!
wink.gif

I refuse to believe I started a PLEBA thread. I was questioning cultural awareness on a common misconception regarding a band member (that sounds good, right?). You silly girls turned this into a Bono pic thread!
tongue.gif

STOPIT with those mullet pics, you guys are FREAKIN me out.
eek.gif

I think Bono sports a pseudo-mullet currently, not a full-fledged one like in the UF days (bidness in the front, party in the back!)
biggrin.gif

disco

mullet-of-the-week.jpg

The Uncle Jesse Mullet:

celebrity-stamos.jpg

The Bono-Mullet:

new05.jpg

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

biggrin.gif

gala-006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom