People Get Ready featuring Bruce Springsteen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
October 17, 2005. Philadelphia. U2 answers a lucky guy's request for People Get Ready. The band requests a guitar player. Out walks Bruce. Begins the 10+ minute version of People Get Ready.

I just want everyone to realize what a legendary performance this was, and it is sure to go down in U2's history along with Lovetown's New Year's Eve show and Popmart - Santiago as highlight's of their concert career.

Never have I seen an audience react like they did to this song in particular. Anyone else there can surely confirm this. ;)

Yes, I am biased, yes I was there, yes I nearly shit my pants with joy, and I almost do it again listening to the bootleg. It's that awesome. So real, a genuinely down-to-Earth U2 performance if I've ever heard one. :up:

Thumbs up, U2. You done good.

That is all. Thank you.

Thank you. :wink:

Edge is playing some cool Hendrixesque rhythm guitar on it as well.

Last edited:
it was pretty cool. i liked seeing discotheque in toronto more though as for my favorite moment of the tour that i saw. but still an amazing show.

Lancemc said:
October 17, 2005. Philadelphia. U2 answers a lucky guy's request for People Get Ready. The band requests a guitar player. Out walks Bruce. Begins the 10+ minute version of People Get Ready.

I just want everyone to realize what a legendary performance this was, and it is sure to go down in U2's history along with Lovetown's New Year's Eve show and Popmart - Santiago as highlight's of their concert career.

Never have I seen an audience react like they did to this song in particular. Anyone else there can surely confirm this. ;)

Yes, I am biased, yes I was there, yes I nearly shit my pants with joy, and I almost do it again listening to the bootleg. It's that awesome. So real, a genuinely down-to-Earth U2 performance if I've ever heard one. :up:

Thumbs up, U2. You done good.

That is all. Thank you.

Ahhh..what a night !!!! I play this boot constantly in my car. This was only my 2nd U2 show, luckily I made it to one more after this...but I am a huge Springsteen fan, I've seen Bruce over 20 times and have had the pleasure of meeting him twice...but getting back to this show, I was one of the lucky ones in the Pit right in front of the edge and when Bruce walked out...let me tell you, you could have picked my jaw up from the floor...What a moment!!!! To have my 2 favorite artists together right in front of me...there are no words to describe it !!
awesome , awesome show...

also,,,I am searching for a U2 boot from MSG 11/21 ..does anyone know if this one is circulating? Someone did email me MP3's , but the sound was not good at all

Thanks

Deirdre

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for posting this mp3! :bow:

<-- You may have been able to tell I love both Bruce Springsteen and U2. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom