Peculiar thing Edge said in U2byU2 about Lady With The Spinning Head...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceBoy

War Child
He says it ended up becoming three songs, The Fly, Ultraviolet, and Zoo Station. He also says if you listen to the song you can hear elements from all three mixed in there. Now, the song being split into The Fly and Ultraviolet is well documented and easily heard, but Zoo Station? Was anyone else a bit puzzled on this one?

I've always heard Zoo Station in Salomé but not Lady With the Spinning Head. Interesting.

I always thought it was;

the FLY
Utraviolet
Until The End Of The World

But Zoo Station?

Perhaps the "La la la la lady with the spinning head" maybe have been the same with the "Time is a train..."

You could start to see Zoo Station being born in the takes of Salome but Lady With The Spinning Head? :huh:

Listening to Take You Down (aka LWTSH) again, I don't see it.

My only guess would be that the drums evolved into it or part of Edge's guitar stuff turned into Zoo Station's chorus? No, I can't even stretch that far. :wink:

The incomparable Mr. The Edge and I are approximately the same age, at which the brain becomes a bit overloaded with decades of trivia. Wisdom tends to clarify and details get a little muddy.

One might also consider the serious events taking place in Edge's family life at the time of these interviews. As brilliant as the man is, I would not be surprised that the origins of "Zoo Station" would be taking second place to more pressing concerns.

:hug: :edge:

PopDaisy said:
The incomparable Mr. The Edge and I are approximately the same age, at which the brain becomes a bit overloaded with decades of trivia. Wisdom tends to clarify and details get a little muddy.

One might also consider the serious events taking place in Edge's family life at the time of these interviews. As brilliant as the man is, I would not be surprised that the origins of "Zoo Station" would be taking second place to more pressing concerns.

:hug: :edge:
I think you're completely right there ;)

The only part I can think of is the guitar Edge plays in the main chorus of Zoo Station. Its sort of similiar to the guitar he uses after the solo in Lady With The Spinning Head but played at a faster pace. I agree though, I dont hear much if any of Zoo Station in the song.

I think maybe the ending chord variations (left channel during solo) transformed to the intro riff?

And the song kind of ends like Zoo Station does, in my opinion.

And maybe there's more work on Take You Down that was never leaked that evolved into Zoo Station too?
I guess we'll never know.

But yeah basically Take You Down->Lady With The Spinning Head->Ultra Violet Light My Way/The Fly and
Salome->Zoo Station.

t8thgr8 said:
He also said Acrobat never was a live favorite...

Sadly, Acrobat was never live, period. Didn't Bono say it was his favorite song from the album around the time of the Zoo TV tour? I'm surprised that they never gave it a shot.

Joey788 said:

Sadly, Acrobat was never live, period. Didn't Bono say it was his favorite song from the album around the time of the Zoo TV tour? I'm surprised that they never gave it a shot.

only in the Hershey rehearsals

Back
Top Bottom