Pearl Jam Touring Band 200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superflysrb

The Fly
I just saw this DVD for the first time last night, and I kept thinking how cool would it be if U2 did something like this. An entire setlist of songs from various stops on the tour...I'm not sure why they don't do it. Any ideas?

Superflysrb said:
I just saw this DVD for the first time last night, and I kept thinking how cool would it be if U2 did something like this. An entire setlist of songs from various stops on the tour...I'm not sure why they don't do it. Any ideas?

Rattle & Hum ?

2000 :wink:

touring band was as bare bones a production as you can get... they had a few guys with video cameras at every show, no massive production like how u2 tends to do things, and they just picked the best recorded performances from the entire tour and put 'em on the DVD. probably cost 'em a hell of a lot less than the hammish style, too. i'm all for it :up:

Cool, we haven't had a "U2 should be more like Pearl Jam" thread in like, 5 minutes? :)

Seriously, I loved Touring Band and Headache is right about the production. U2 would never go that route of course, and honestly, if they did, how much of the reception for it would be complaints that they released a compilation DVD rather than a single show?

AndrewCowley said:
An awesome DVD. Gotta love the "It's Ok" thing during Better Man.

It's after Daughter , and BTW if u didn't notice , it's same chords sequence of WOWY , only 1 tone up

Product Description
The first Pearl Jam full-length DVD features three hours of live and montage footage from the band's 2000 U.S. and European tours. The main body of the DVD program is comprised of 28 full song performances filmed in various cities on the band's 2000 48-city U.S. tour, reflecting the time and composition of an actual concert set list. The DVD was filmed by Pearl Jam crew members Liz Burns, Steve Gordon, and Kevin Shuss without directors or producers. An additional 50 minutes of special bonus features includes footage from the band's 2000 European tour, backstage footage, previously unreleased music, special consumer-chosen camera angles, the previously unreleased video for "Oceans," and more. Edited by Steve Gordon. Recorded and mixed by Brett Eliason and engineered by John Burton.

Track list: Long Road, Corduroy, Grievance, Animal, Gods' Dice, Evacuation, Given to Fly, Dissident, Nothing as It Seems, Evenflow, Lukin, Not for You, Daughter (into "It's OK" by Dead Moon), Untitled, MFC, Thin Air, Leatherman, Betterman, Nothingman, Insignificance, I Got Shit, RVM, Wishlist, Jeremy, Evolution, Don't Go, Parting Ways, Rocking in the Free World

Special bonus features:

Stationary "Matt-cam" footage is available with a heavier percussion mix for two of the songs featured on the main body of the DVD: "Evacuation" and "Even Flow" and also for "In My Tree." (The "Matt-cam" is a special camera positioned behind drummer Matt Cameron that the consumer can switch to while viewing the DVD.)

European montages: City, band, and fan montages from the European tour with "Yellow Ledbetter" live and previously unreleased instrumentals recorded by Pearl Jam during early Binaural sessions. Instrumentals titled: "Thunderclap," "Foldback," and "Harmony."

Outtakes of band on U.S. tour, set to the song "Smile"

"Do the Evolution" video--animated by Todd McFarlane

"Oceans" video--never before released in the U.S. directed by Josh Taft

something tells me u2 won't ever just give three random crew members a handheld camera and tell 'em to go to town.

J_NP said:

It's after Daughter , and BTW if u didn't notice , it's same chords sequence of WOWY , only 1 tone up

i went to that concert... it was at Jones Beach... and i was drunk, maybe a little something else :shifty: , and i thought that they did play with or without you as a snippet until i got the bootleg a few months later.

he he... yea.. :shrug: what'cha gonna do.

that was my first pearl jam concert, too :yes:

CTU2fan said:
Cool, we haven't had a "U2 should be more like Pearl Jam" thread in like, 5 minutes? :)

Seriously, I loved Touring Band and Headache is right about the production. U2 would never go that route of course, and honestly, if they did, how much of the reception for it would be complaints that they released a compilation DVD rather than a single show?

Surprised ? It happens all the time.

I think this could work for U2 if done properly (and assuming the stage design/setlist/feel of the show isn't radically different between tour legs), well filmed, well edited etc - on the other hand it could be a bad mix like Rattle and Hum. A single show can do a tour justice just as much. It's the eternal dilemma: do you mix several shows/tour legs or just go with a single night ?

We'll see with U2-3D, it's a compilation from several filmed shows.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because Pearl Jam knows exactly how to make most, if not all, of their fans happy with their releases?

They also have a properly functioning web site. That may be important.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
something tells me u2 won't ever just give three random crew members a handheld camera and tell 'em to go to town.

Although most of us will agree that it's a significant upgrade from Mr. Hamish Hamilton.

I'm not saying U2 should be more like Pearl Jam...they are two different types of bands...take that as you wish...but Rattle and Hum is nothing like Touring Band and vice versa...RH has a glossier feel to it than TB and TB hilights the songs.

Vomit wine all over the audience. Wine and cheese.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:lmao:

Isn't that the honest to god truth?

Great new av, btw LMP :up:

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom