Peace on Earth vs. Last Night on Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Which one's better?

Although I think Peace on Earth is a very, very underrated song, I gotta go with Last Night on Earth -- mostly 'cos of the "the world turns... and we get dizzy" bridge.

Vote early and vote often...

jonnytakeawalk said:
Peace on Earth. No competition really

WOW....I would have to say the exact opposite.

LNOE wins over POE every day of the week. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the minority here either.

Especially live. This is possibly my favourite live U2 song at the moment.

~A.j.~

Peace On Earth gets a bit more bashing than it deserves - a few stupid lines, but it's not a clunker like Stuck In A Moment or In A Little While.

That said, Last Night On Earth slays it 10,000 ways from Sunday and casts it into the fiery pits of Hell for all eternity.

COBL_04 said:

I haven't even heard Last Night on Earth and I know its gonna win.

Go get Pop. Now. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Axver said:

Go get Pop. Now. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

I don't have any money and I don't have a job and I'm trying to save to get ZooTV Live From Sydney (I know that part won't be a very good argument in your eyes) and I want to let Zooropa sink in.

Soon.

COBL_04 said:

I don't have any money and I don't have a job and I'm trying to save to get ZooTV Live From Sydney (I know that part won't be a very good argument in your eyes) and I want to let Zooropa sink in.

Soon.

psst... limewire.com

:)

Peace on Earth is a very nice song, but I just cant get over the awful line...."where I grew up there werent many trees, where there were we'd tear them down,......bla bla bla"!
Last night On Earth wins, partly because of the amazing live version from mexico!!

COBL_04 said:

Soon.
Okay, pass Go, collect $200, and use the money to buy Pop.

:madwife:

Last Night on earth is totally cool man , no excuse to get it.

It's funny... Neither POE and LNOE are among my favourite U2 songs and they're both on the bottom places of the ranking by album...
But, of course LNOE wins... It has a great chorus, it rocked live, it has a huge guitar structure.
POE simply is... that song. It can turn boring if you're not in the mood of the song.

Back
Top Bottom