"Peace on Earth" being played on radio here w/ audio clips!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U

U2Gator

Lots of stations are playing Peace on Earth with news audio clips of teh tragedies playing along with it. How cool huh!?!? Anyone else hearing this in other parts of the world besides Gainesvile Florida?? I am also hearing a lot of pride, sunday bloody sunday, and please played. Anyone else hearing U2?

They are playing U2 b/c the beat of a u2 song is the pulse of the human heart....

Well GOOD hearts that is, not ones that fly motherf#)$(#ing planes into buildings...

I think they are in NY, and possibly in LA on Kiss-fm, but i havent heard it
frown.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

There's already like 2 threads about this somewhere, but they're playing in DC too

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

"Peace On Earth" being played right now in Victoria of the Q fm.....

Brings chills.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

If the song continues to get more and more airplay and actually becomes a "hit" (whatever that means in this context) I would suggest to the band that they release it as a commercial single and send the proceeds to the effort.

I heard that happened with the song Bad in 1985. After Live Aid, people were making so many requests for it to get played in the US that it became this big hit, and U2 had never intended it to be released as a single, and were shocked that it did so well. I was 5 at the time so I don't remember this. Maybe the same will happen with Peace On Earth.

At DC101.com (website for a dc radio station) They have the peace on earth remix to download.

U2 makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

Here in Boston Peace On Earth is getting extensive radio play. People are calling radio stations asking what song it is and that they had to pull over.

I heard "Peace on Earth" yesterday on 101.5 in Phoenix but I haven't heard it today. I kept searching for it. I thought it was a local kind of remix but that is cool that it is a national thing - it needs to be that way!!

[This message has been edited by U2ping (edited 09-13-2001).]

Originally posted by POPLemon:
Here in Boston Peace On Earth is getting extensive radio play. People are calling radio stations asking what song it is and that they had to pull over.

The bit that really grabbed me during "Peace on Earth" is when Bono sings that they are reading names out on the radio and then he actually says the names. Suddenly, this simple song becomes 1000000x more powerful than "Sunday Bloody Sunday" or "Please" because it becomes so personal. These are real people's names.

When FOX News here in Boston started reading the names off of the people killed on the flights from the New England area, it had the same effect - it became so personal, even though I didn't know these people. But seeing/hearing their names (and in some cases pictures) made this a very real event, not something that happened to somebody else, in some distant land, so long ago.

This is the power of "Peace on Earth" and it will be little wonder if this U2 song, that so many fans disliked at first, becomes a very powerful one representing this time.

Back
Top Bottom