Outside it's America!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Thanks to Bonosgirl84 :bow: :hug: I now have a copy of this! :happy: I had watched it when it was new, but that was years ago and my copy is long lost :sad: I hadn't seen it in so long, and it's wonderful! Just beautiful! It's more entertaining than Rattle and Hum itself, I think, but I think adding parts of this to that movie, even at the expense of leaving out a concert song or two would have made it better. But I love them both!

How many of you have seen this? If you'll watch it, I think it will finally lay to rest all that crap about JT U2 being serious and po-faced. Those guys are smiling and doing funny stuff through most of it! They even show them posing for one of those 'serious' pics, and after the camera snaps, Bono unfreezes and acts like, whew, that's over, my neck sure was stiff! There are scenes of them being fun and playing around on the plane, in the boot and hat store, and more. In the Spanish Eyes video, which featured very hot footage of the guys in the desert, you even see Bono smiling and sticking out his tongue as he rides in someone else's car. There is also that scene of the band hitchhiking!

bonotruck.jpg

u2hitch.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds like fun Maddie :hug: I wish we could! :)

Has anyone seen the IGC video? It's so hot of Bono, but it doesn't show the other band members and it wastes too much time on industrial stuff and poor folks :( The Spanish Eyes video is hot, all the guys in the desert! Bono in the sunset :combust:

bonosilhouette.jpg

I don't know why my hitchhiking pic is a red x :(

This is a fantastic and beautiful look at our guys. I hope everyone will get a chance to see it! :)

lol, thought i'd have to go to pleba

U2Kitten said:
Thanks to Bonosgirl84

it was my pleasure.

god, he's hot in those pics. :drool:

lol @ you saying it puts to rest the arguments about the band's seriousness. i had always used this documentary as an example to those silly arguments. it really shows the band having fun, doesn't it? and bono saying throughout, "only in america." i love when bono looks like he wants to get in on signing the chef's uniform so badly. and when he sings to his food and edge is cracking up. but the best part is when that skank in the bar is coming on to bono, and he gives the camera a nod and a look that says, "check this out..." and rolls his eyes.

yes, maddie, bono sings acappella next to railroad tracks. this documentary originally aired on mtv in 1987.

enjoy it, kitten.

Aww man I dont believe it!

Gawd I dont believe it!

If Im right, that was a doc. they showed on TV here back in 88 or 89 (around) and I was sitting watching it and enjoying it so much!

I was just a wee girl, fascinated by Bono and his long hair!

I DO remember the railway scene in my head only.......:(

Im wondering is it footage from this doc that they put in with When Love Came To Town - remember I said ages ago, in the vid there was a shot of Bono losing his temper and flinging a white towel onto the ground and storming off or something? While staff look on, with uncomfortable looks on their faces?

:shame: on U BONO!!!!!!!!

:D

:wink: man I love talking to u all.

anyhow, IF there was that in this doc. Im damn mad it was never released on video......Id give my house away for that doc!

I have it thanks to arw9797! It's so funny!

The boot shopping scene is great, with Larry saying "I look like a bleedin' woman" and Bono telling Edge, "Your problem is you've got too much taste."

I also really like when they're in the club singing Lost Highway...that whole scene is hilarious.

Schmeg said:
I have it thanks to arw9797! It's so funny!

The boot shopping scene is great, with Larry saying "I look like a bleedin' woman" and Bono telling Edge, "Your problem is you've got too much taste."

I also really like when they're in the club singing Lost Highway...that whole scene is hilarious.

I also owe arw9797 for allowing me to have it! Bono telling Edge that makes me giggle every time! I love the whole thing! Anyone who hasn't seen it I hope you have a chance to eventually.

Well I can't take credit for your tapes girls but thanks! I won't reveal my source but she's the best! :yes:

I think this documentary is great! I love it.

*edited cause I didn't like what I wrote!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
[B If you'll watch it, I think it will finally lay to rest all that crap about JT U2 being serious and po-faced. [/B]

Once again, the argument wasn't about whether the band as people were too serious in reality, but it was about the media perception of them being serious and how much the band participated in creating that serious image--a perfect example being:

"They even show them posing for one of those 'serious' pics, and after the camera snaps, Bono unfreezes and acts like, whew, that's over, my neck sure was stiff!"

How can I get a copy? Help someone. I need a JT Bono fix. I've heard about that doc. before. Is that the one where he hurts his arm and has to go into the ambulance and he's to flustered to give his personal info. to the hospital staff so Ali does it for him? I've heard all about it. Oh, I want it. Someone rescue me.

Re: Re: Outside it's America!

joyfulgirl said:

Once again, the argument wasn't about whether the band as people were too serious in reality, but it was about the media perception of them being serious and how much the band participated in creating that serious image-

Yes, it was. That's exactly what it was, some people did think they were serious and po-faced. Yes, it was because of the myth created by the media, but that's why I brought that up. In a thread a few months ago, I think I was the first person to post about some newer or more casual fans getting the wrong idea because of the media's portrayal, and the myth in retrospect. But the reason I said it was because of some comments some had made, like that pre-AB U2 was worse than *****, never laughed, always stayed somber, etc. :tsk:

Of course they participated by posing but I don't think there was anything behind it on their part. It was a serious, important album. The pics suit the mood. But as this video and other things prove, they were really having loads of fun. They always have.

-a perfect example being:

"They even show them posing for one of those 'serious' pics, and after the camera snaps, Bono unfreezes and acts like, whew, that's over, my neck sure was stiff!"

Of course, that's the point I was trying to make by posting that.

Maddie- Oh yeah! Just like Bonosgirl said! :drool: I don't know if you've seen the Spanish Eyes video, the one I posted those pics from. I think it's still on u2.com if you want to see it! He's on the tracks some in that too. I hope you get a copy of this, but I don't think ours would help you since US and Europe have different TV and VCR formats. If it would work, Bonosgirl84 will swap you for her house;)

Partygirl, I know what you mean!;)

Martha, best get yourself another one made before it disentigrates:yikes:

Oh, I *want* this film... does anyone know where I could get it? (Is it just taped off the TV or is it somehow available on VHS someplace?)

U2Kitten said:

Yes, it was. That's exactly what it was, some people did think they were serious and po-faced. ...

Of course, that's the point I was trying to make by posting that.

Okay--I get it. Thanks. :)

Outside it's America is sooo cool, I love it!

A cute scene is that where Bono is singing somethink like "She's my enchilada con carne..." during his meal. Or when they are buying shoes :cute: Aww, the whole thing is great!

adamswildhoney said:
I, Kelly, have never seen Outside it's America nor do I know anyone that has it to watch!!!

let me know what happens, girlie.
i can make another if you need me to.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom