outrage!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edge is not a lead guitarist!!
and no you do not have to play 10min solos to be a lead guitarist!!

but edge cant play lead!!
i dont even think edge plays scales!!!

shaun vox said:

but edge cant play lead!!
i dont even think edge plays scales!!!
Er, if Edge plays 2 notes he's playing a scale. Does he do lots of Em penatonic bluesy solos up and down the neck? Not really.

Not too many surprises on this list. It's nice to see Brian May recognized.

Although not known for his solos, Edge's Electric Co was a highlight of all the Vertigo shows I saw. :drool:

VintagePunk said:
It's nice to see Brian May recognized.

Thumbs up to that. :up: Brian May doesn't get half the respect he deserves. There are some guitarists who you can mistake for others if you hear a song you've never heard before...there's no mistaking Brian May. The moment you hear a Brian May solo, you just know it's him. Such an original guitarist and such a great songwriter.

phillyfan26 said:
New Year's Day is what got me pissed? I'd have been fine if he'd never made the list, but for that? The Fly? UTEOTW? BTBS - ZooTV? Love is Blindness? Electric Co.?

Horrible.

Actually, I think Edge himself says that the New Years Day solo is his best. He's never changed it live over the years because it's perfect according to him.

COBL_04 said:

I don't have Dark Side of the Moon :reject: I take its worth the investment?

Yeah, DSOTM is brilliant and definitely worth the investment, but there are better Pink Floyd albums than DSOTM. Check out Animals and listen to Dogs if you want the definition of a guitar solo. The whole thing is practically a solo! :drool:

well if it mentioned his (for want of a better word) re-working of the solo live (eg. ZOO TV) that'd be nice. I'm not complaining about the choice of New Year's Day in a magazine i just think it'd be cool if they mentioned stuff like that too but that stuff probably really belongs in a one-off special magazine about U2 in the section that discusses The Edge's guitar work I guess. :)

Roland of Gilead said:
I wouldn't worry about that list. The Edge has something more important and it is something 95% of these soloists don't even have. He has a sound. It is very rare and quite unique to be able to have music lovers hear a tibit of guitar notes on the radio or where ever and say, "oh yeah, that is the Edge." That "trademark" sound is something few guitarists ever achieve.

:yes: very true

Back
Top Bottom