"Our Who Album"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
December 1, 2003

Fox News gossip columnist Roger Friedman wrote in his column yesterday:

Bono tells me the new U2 album is "our Who album. The Edge has really
gone crazy writing guitar stuff."

Dear Santa,
I know this is my 3rd letter about this but I would just like to emphasize that while a gift card to anthropolgie and the propaganda book are really important some U2 album news would be SUPER.

Please?

I really, really, really hope this is accurate and not just Bonohype that proves not to be true ...

I DON?T CARE IF IT IS A WHO ALBUM, OR IF IT IS A RAMONES ALBUM OR A LINKIN PARK ALBUM OR A BRITNEY SPEARS ALBUM I JUST WANT IT NOW!!!! BONO SHOULD STOP TELLING US "THE ALBUM WILL BE LIKE THIS, LIKE THAT, BLABLABLA..." LET ME HEAR THE ALBUM SO I CAN SAY HOW IT SOUNDS LIKE!!!!!!!!

:mad:

( :) )

and Santa, if you have the time.. Please help out my local post office to find my Slane Castle DVD that I pre-ordered in Oct. and arrived in my city,(which isn't in bum f...egypt, if you know what I mean)..on 11/25. I mean really it was before the Holiday rush. :sad: Dilbert at the post office want's me to bring the label it in to see how I knew where it was last weekend. And Dilbert couldn't understand I couldn't bring in the label because I haven't received it yet. Please HELP ME... I'm surrounded by idiots.:huh:

Last edited:
Axver: MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!! By the way Bono is talking, it sounds very nice and all, but I'm still a little hesitant at whether what he is saying is, indeed, what is :huh:

But regardless, :up: to new album news!!

:hyper:

actuall bono was going to say (OUR LED ZEPPELIN album)

bono is full of it ......... and i like it.

im not much into (the who)
why is bono talking about (the who) so much?

For my own mental health i think i have to stop reading these threads they are making me crazy. March was one thing but over somewhere they were like it is going to be another year :banghead: i must get on with my life (until some real album news comes) until then I will be :coocoo:

Who said it's going to be another year??? They need slapped.

Partly because that would burst my bubble, but also partly because inside I feel like there is merit to that statement. Whose to say it won't be released until Oct/Nov 2004. THAT would truly be a huge bummer.

The_acrobat said:
I feel like there is merit to that statement. Whose to say it won't be released until Oct/Nov 2004. THAT would truly be a huge bummer.

Yeah I just don't know at this point all the rumors, informed speculation, uninformed speculation is making me a little bit :crazy:

martha said:

Oh shit! :ohmy: I hadn't even imagined such a thing, and now I don't think I can stop thinking about it! I love their sparkly baubles.

I'm sorry....

Carry on your conversation and never mind me...

sparkly baubles....

perhaps we can discuss it more on the sweden trip? ;)_:)

Bono called ATYCLB their Beatles album, in that every song sounds like a single. I think he likened it to Rubber Soul. In terms of tunefulness, this wasnt too far off the mark... I knew what he was getting at...

hopefully this Who comparison is just as fitting. :yes:

Last edited:
By Who album, I hope he means that when I get in the car the next morning after listening to it, I jump three feet and make a dive for the volume control because the fucker was on so loud the day before that my ears bled.

martha, I love that description.

I think the Who has very eclectic music.
rocking
harmonic
melodoic
Good tunes
Also, you have 2 prevelant voices on a lot of the tracks.

Some people think "Who" and they automatically think early Who. I am hoping for a little of that late 70's Who, I think U2 could really open a new vein with the harmonies.

I expect to hear the Edge's vocal harmonies more prevelant in the studio recording this time around. I really think this may be part of the "new direction".

It's like having an instrument, sitting there ready to use and you just haven't picked it up and recorded with it much.

Bono talked with Rick Rubin before they recorded this album. Listen to RHCP's Californiacation & By the Way. Compare it to their previous albums and the biggest difference is harmony.

Just an idea. Plus it's very "Who-ish"

I hope it's their ..."Who's Next" 'Who album :happy:

shaun vox

the who, among other things, had incredible music that went from firey/powerful to the very lyrical/melodic more soft harmonic--like u2/

Pete & Roger were reallty into the whole rock meta-thing of the audience and performers really cycling their energies back & forth, esp during the most transcedent of shows

and if i go look back at one ogf the earliest american interviews with the band [before they toured here] <new York Rocker>
i think they might have mentioned the who's rapport/energy w thier fans in performance.

hi U2DM Fan-

if you see my post i think we have a similar view about the Who

Now you also said something quite interesting about The Edge---
(in reference to the way Pete & Roger had wonderful contrasting voices to go back & forth on or together)

If you saw any of the post 9-11 shows or any of the live! videos or in person music-spots for Late Nite TV or benifts where they sang "walk On" -Post 9-11 as they changed the --hallejulla-- chrous into Halle, Halle----Hallejulia, Edge was doing alot more vocal harmonizing in these performances. He was really sounding good weaving in & out of Bono's lead vocals.

That's it!!! U2 has made an opera-rock!!! Remember "Tommy"? "Quadrophenia"???

And all the talks about a tour that will top the ZooTV show, a gigantic extravaganza...

And it's something they haven't done yet...

Could it be?

At Irving Plaza (ATYCLB promo tour) the band played a totally awesome kick-ass cover of "Won't Get Fooled Again." Man, the Edge was on fire, the solo rocked. Better than his Bullet the Blue Sky Solo from Zoo TV. IM me (fenderzigocaster) if you guys wanna hear it.

Back
Top Bottom