Our U2 Obsession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
I've long considered myself a "hard -core" U2 fan. I was initially hooked when I heard the first 3 seconds of Pride, back in 1985. I went out and bought UF and every earlier release. Just like many of you, I bought every record the day it came out since then. I've had friends and aquaintances you enjoyed their music as well, but not quite on the level that I did. They didn't "get" U2 (what they embody, their passion, the infectious melodies etc). I investigated them further by purchasing books and some of the remixes/B sides, attended 7 shows, saw U2 cover bands 30 times etc. I named my cat Clayton !! I listen to them every day. U2, in short, has been the soundtrack of my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. I thought, that I MUST BE the biggest U2 fan alive.

Then, I came to Interference. Having been a lurker for a long time, I finally started posting my thoughts early this year. I have found, to my suprise, countless U2 nuts such as myself.

However, I have come to realize that many of you, dwarf my U2 knowledge. Many of you can recall specific concerts, setlists, Bono speeches, many of you have dozens of bootlegged shows. You own ALL of the B sides and ALL of the remixes. Some of you have even met the band members. I couldn't believe how much you folks know. It shows your passion and commitment to the 4 lads from Dublin and that *in a way* you know them almost like friends. You people certainly picked the right course to follow.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my thoughts and lets keep the "good work" of spreading the U2 sound and message to anyone who will listen.

You are so right...and it's great to know that we are not alone (cause sometimes it might seem like it) Your friends might be into other bands/singers or might not think much of U2...I too was a lurker until I had to post my thoughts..I have learned a lot from this site (me who thought I knew everything about U2) and also found that there are a lot of great people hear in this site...Hugs U2 fanatics!!:hug: :hug:

It's amazing what people here on this site know about the music, the band, their personal lives, and history. It's just a true testament to all of these people learning all they possibly can about something that is so positive and makes their lives so much better.:wink:

Yeah, all the people I hang out with lately really don't care for U2. It had me really depressed but I come here and I am revived. There a lot of people who feel the way I do. It is really cool!

I've been thinking along these same lines a lot lately and I know exactly what all of you are talking about. Most of my friends run away from any guitar riff. I have only one friend who is "tolerant" of the band. And the only reason he knows anything of them at all is because I keep talking about them.

It's a weird feeling that we follow the biggest act in the world and some of us feel like music outsiders. Except when we come here.

This is my U2 outlet.

Back
Top Bottom