Our TV broadcasted the Boston show last night! Short review and a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
It was ... magic. Better than anything i imagined or expected. Amazing lighting throughout the show.

Personal highlights (band):

- Bad/Streets. Both incredible, and the crowd was just on fire during Streets.
- Desire. I didn't recognize the song right until Bono sang the first lines. Great Larry drumming/crowd clapping interaction.
- Stay. Beautiful - i heard Zoo TV version, but this is way better.
- Fly. Again, i had no idea when the intro started it was that song, until i heard the line "love, we shine like a burning star".

Highlights: (Bono)

- I will follow. The way he rocked off on that song.
- The funky walk during the Get up stand up for your rights snippet on SBS.
- Bullet the blue sky. Use of "police interrogation"-like lamp and the angry rap at the end. Powerful stuff.
- Bad, the "fade awaaay" part when he held on to the audience yet he tore himself away.
- Running around like crazy during The fly.

Edge throwing the guitar away was interesting - i was sure they'd edit that out.

LOL@ Edge's and Adam's introductions before Desire.

Black and white/some Bonocam beginning was also cool.

Last but not least, WOWY with the very lucky girl .
smile.gif

But there were 15 songs featured, didn't they play more? I missed One or Pride from hits, and UTEOTW or MW from often performed songs. Did they cut any of the songs out?

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-30-2001).]

UTEOTW is part of the concert. Maybe your station edited it out?

MW, One, Pride and People Get Ready were the ones that got cut, I believe.

Originally posted by anitram:
UTEOTW is part of the concert. Maybe your station edited it out?

MW, One, Pride and People Get Ready were the ones that got cut, I believe.

I guess they edited it out, although the presenter of the show that featured the concert said this is the same version that is on the DVD.

Wow - they cut all those songs out?

The concert lasted for an hour and a half, does that mean that there was no more space on disc 1 of the DVD to put all the songs on it?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-30-2001).]

yeah, MW, pride, people get ready, and one aren't on the boston dvd.

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

!!! Bono's voice was in *such* good shape that night. 'Stay' was insanely beautiful
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Hey U2girl, looks like you got the same version as BBC showed, the DVD has 19 songs, the BBC version last night was exactly 1 hour 30, like u said, they cut UTEOTW, New York, and Wake Up Dead Man, I didn't see it all, maybe they cut more, but looks like you were missing them too.

The concert on the DVD was 1 hour 47 minutes long.

Ah well, least you didn't have to shell out ?32!
wink.gif

But it's so shiny! And all the extras!
smile.gif
Aww I love it!

U2girl...I'm so glad you got a chance to see U2 last night, and I would agree with you that many of the highlights you picked where also highlights of mine as I watch the DVD from time to time, okay, okay...almost everyday. Here is one of my favorites, as mentioned in your own words...

- Bad, the "fade awaaay" part when he held on to the audience yet he tore himself away.

Spectacular, passionate, moving...thanks again for your post and for being such an awesome fan.

Chris

Originally posted by U2girl:
It was ... magic. Better than anything i imagined or expected. Amazing lighting throughout the show.

LOL@ Edge's and Adam's introductions before Desire.

first, thx for applauding our concert! i was sick of pl knocking it! it was a Fabulous concert!!!

second- during Edge's introdution, at the end you see him give a thumbs up to someone.... LOL that was to ME!!
smile.gif
i like freaked out when i saw him, he HEARD me scream and returned my dorky thumbs up lOL!
biggrin.gif

anyway... haha
yes, a great show!
smile.gif

------------------
In the maZe of her imagINation
SOUL SOUL all you need is SOUL
** U2 TAKE ME HIGHER ** <--Pictures galore :D

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

Originally posted by U2girl:
[BThe concert lasted for an hour and a half, does that mean that there was no more space on disc 1 of the DVD to put all the songs on it?
[/B]

No. They chose not to put those songs in.

Thanks to spanisheyes (i try, glad you like the thread. though your threads are amazing to read) and oliveu2cm (so that was you? congrats!!! i thought Edge was giving the thumbs up to Dallas or something).

It was a great show, and i forgot to mention Bono's voice was indeed in great shape.

More highlights:
- the ending of BD, when Bono steps on the ramp, the "goal is soul"
- Edge during I will follow.
- any and each one of them smiling

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-31-2001).]

Tee hee hee - you know what? I looked at the introductions again and it turns out i didn't even see Edge's thumbs up. LOL, for some reason i was sure i caught that.

Highlights of Bono's singing were IMO Stuck/Kite (moving), Desire (groovy!) and Stay (passionate).

Back
Top Bottom