Original of the species question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(no, not that one :p )

After Bono sings the last two "I want you some more", a voice is heard, singing "oh no" 4 times but it doesn't sound like Bono.
Is it Edge? I don't think he's credited for singing on that song :confused:

I just heard the New York version and I think while the song gets better when the drums kick in and guitar helps, I'm hoping Bono learns the piano so Edge can add that ringing guitar.

I think it is The Edge singing that part. I also think that Edge should play guitar during the second half of the song. He's more than capable of switching between guitar and piano. He does it masterfully during New Year's Day.

It's probably not Adam or Larry. So it must be Edge. I'm actually surprised they didn't play it with one or the other (guitar or piano) on a backing track. They seem to do that a lot.

Yep, it's The Edge. I brought this up in another thread a while back. In the live version though, both of them sing it.

I hope when they play this song live on tour, there's a lot more guitar than what's been used lately. I say ditch the keyboards (or use a backing track) and let Edge go to town on guitar instead.

LyricalDrug said:
I hope when they play this song live on tour, there's a lot more guitar than what's been used lately. I say ditch the keyboards (or use a backing track) and let Edge go to town on guitar instead.

:up: i couldn't agree more.

quite sure it's edge singing the 'oh no's.

love this song.

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom