Original of the Species--live version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ltcf

The Fly
Last night watching CSI NY, a commercial comes on for IPOD video and Bono is rocking out on a song very familiar but I couldn't place it for the life of me. I had to google the lyrics to figure it out.

I'm a big U2 fan, but not as obsessed as most of y'all. I've listened to that song a million times off the new album and Original was one of my instant fav's of the album, but it sounded so different live for some reason I couldn't place it. Anyway, it was a great version. Where can I get a copy of it?

Danny Boy said:
You can download the video from iTunes or you can wait until next week and buy the Vertigo Live DVD.

Unfortunately the iTunes video is copy-protected, so you can't extract the audio.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I found this site when I was searching for the song Mercy. Can't remember who it was that posted the link, but thanks for making that available. Very cool song.

I like reading the takes people have on U2 and various songs. I'll have to hang around for a while. I wrote a lyrics/doctrinal analysis on Yahweh after first hearing last year that I might post another day.

And now are you ready for the new single mix of Original of the Species? Its happening now. OOTS was just passed out to radio stations on a promo disc. North America will be getting a 5th single from the Bomb now. Canada to be getting their 5th commercial single release soon. Maybe the world will get it.

Roland of Gilead said:
And now are you ready for the new single mix of Original of the Species? Its happening now. OOTS was just passed out to radio stations on a promo disc. North America will be getting a 5th single from the Bomb now. Canada to be getting their 5th commercial single release soon. Maybe the world will get it.

:ohmy: :drool: :hyper:

:combust:

:rockon:

From @U2:

AN ORIGINAL 'ORIGINAL' HITS RADIO
November 10, 2005

"Original of the Species" arrived at U.S. radio stations today as the 5th single from HTDAAB. It's a 1-track CD labeled "single version," which clocks in at 4:29 -- about 10 seconds shorter than the album version. The song itself is different than the album version -- more strings, more guitar from Edge, and just generally louder and maybe "edgier" (bad pun). The liner notes indicate that strings were recorded at Wisseloord Studios, Hilversum, Holland (while the band was on tour in Holland in July).

Collectors will want to know that the single comes in a standard jewel case with catalog # INTR11595-2.

1035.jpg

:drool: Yes yes yes! I knew this would make it to a single. I can't wait to hear it and I'm sure the video will be awesome. :hyper:

Now hopefully this will find a permanent place in the setlists.

Arcadion said:
:drool: Yes yes yes! I knew this would make it to a single. I can't wait to hear it and I'm sure the video will be awesome. :hyper:

Now hopefully this will find a permanent place in the setlists.

Yeah, how have they possibly held this one out of the set for so long? Should be in the final encore every night. The ending is so overwhelming, if they extended it out, they could easily close the show with it...

This is U2 at their absolute best, if they work it in the right way, it will take over this tour...

you said you culnd't quite put your finger on why it sounded different live? i think that one of the reasons (among many other possible reasons) is that the accompanying piano part is different than on the album
gosh, i LOVE it live. <3

Back
Top Bottom