Opening Acts for the next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bunbury said:
If any of the bands suggested here would actually open for U2 I would drink my 12 pack in the parking lot during their set.

That's funny! You could drink 12 beers in 45 minutes? I hope you have a designated driver. Like it or not, U2 will have opening acts.
I would prefer to see up and coming bands or unknown bands like Ours, Soul Hooligans or others suggested in this forum. I would kill to see Garbage again, they rock!!! :yes:

I gotta vote for Placebo.

I think they opened for U2 on a few European dates back in the 90s, but I say bring 'em over to the States. They deserve the exposure, and I think y'all would like them.

And to agree with others, Coldplay is indeed phenomenal live. They could play a 2 hour set, then U2 could play a 2 hour set. That would be too much for my brain to handle, probably! :up:

There's a great artist out by the name of Michael Buble, but his musical style wouldn't really work with U2's.

What about Sting?

Bono has also been mentioning the Thrills as a personal fav in recent articles, has anyone hear their stuff. Also, how about Underworld, it's not rock but the energy of their shows are incredible. Coldplay is excellent and so is No doubt, but Underworld would bring the dancing energy back to the shows (semi-Pop-martish), anyone seen them live?

But the best opening band on Elevation out of 12 shows for me was Vegas w/ Qwen, caught Pj and garbage but No Doubt brought that dance/groove factor, henceforth... Underworld.

Wowy23 said:

That's funny! You could drink 12 beers in 45 minutes? I hope you have a designated driver. Like it or not, U2 will have opening acts.
I would prefer to see up and coming bands or unknown bands like Ours, Soul Hooligans or others suggested in this forum. I would kill to see Garbage again, they rock!!! :yes:

I gone to enough concerts with crappy opening bands to be able to drink 12 beers in an hour in the parking lot :sexywink:
The thing with U2 is that they don't get unknown or up and coming bands to open. They usually get established bands and most of them suck IMO, not all but most.
And I could care less about opening acts when I'm going to a U2 concert I'm going for U2 nothing else.

Yeah, Bellvue, the Thrills would be cool. I've heard at least three of their songs. I can honestly say I'd enjoy seeing them perform more than No Doubt or Nelly Furtado.

lately I've been slightly fascinated with The Darkness
so I'll also give them a mention here

The Darkness.... YES!!! :yes:

I just heard I Believe in a Thing Called Love not ten minutes ago. That would be one opening act worth seeing!

hiphop:
talib kweli
blackalicious
jurassic 5
the roots

back to the rock...
BRMC
Interpol
sigur ros :shrug:
:scratch: gee this is really hard

hey, i know! how bout a billy corgan comeback? : P

doves (this would be my dream show!!!!!)
oasis ( but i doubt it would happen again)
coldplay ( but i think that they are currently too big to be an opener even for U2)
elbow
brmc

Sweet Tart said:
doves (this would be my dream show!!!!!)
oasis ( but i doubt it would happen again)
coldplay ( but i think that they are currently too big to be an opener even for U2)

I love Coldplay but they shouldn't delusion themselves thinking they are to big to open for U2.
They are still a grain of sand in U2's world they should be honored to open for them.

Back
Top Bottom