OOTS favorite moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
After the 'do do do' part and Bono starts singing the chorus again (about 3:40) he sounds like he's smling and tsarts laughing a bit and he seems to say something off mike.
A great, live moment.

"oh look Edge, a beach ball...."

and when someone throws their drink at Bono during AIWIY - "All I want is fucking YOU, man!"

I might be the only one, but I love the 'do do do' part a lot. I also enjoy the moment you described as well :)

starsgoblue said:
Same thing...the MP3 of the Slane Castle "New Year's Day" when he laughs about the TP.....LOVE that song because of that part!

Slane's whole performance of "Angel of Harlem" is one big riot, its like they were all in a room laughing together and playing the song and forgot 80,000 people were there.

ADecentMelody said:
Hey, is that The Edge singing the "aw, no...aw, no" part in the end?

they're harmonizing like Simon and Garfunkle and it's so wonderful and the best part of that song.

if i ever have children, this will be their song.

Have you all heard the part where Bono says something really quite ( around 5:01), just before Edge's guitar comes in.

He says (what sounds to me as) "here's your father" , I like that.
It's just so sweet, adressing Edge's girl directly in a song.

greety said:
Have you all heard the part where Bono says something really quite ( around 5:01), just before Edge's guitar comes in.

yes! though it happens around 3:08, but he absolutely says that.

makes sense. my theory: since this is for Edge's eldest daughter, she was the first U2 child (at least that we know of ... perhaps there are Clayton spawn swimming around in various cities). and if Bono is her godfather, i bet they have a strong relationship, like many kids have with that "cool" uncle or whatever. this song is about that, and if she is an original of the species, as bono certainly is, i bet there's a bond there.

good gosh, i love this song.

i can't imagine what the rest of the album is like.

greety said:

I think you may have something here. It sounds to me like that's what he's saying. It's so cool how something as seemingly small as this could totally elevate the song. Wow!

Originally posted by greety

Irvine511 said:

yes! though it happens around 3:08, but he absolutely says that.

makes sense. my theory: since this is for Edge's eldest daughter, she was the first U2 child (at least that we know of ... perhaps there are Clayton spawn swimming around in various cities). and if Bono is her godfather, i bet they have a strong relationship, like many kids have with that "cool" uncle or whatever. this song is about that, and if she is an original of the species, as bono certainly is, i bet there's a bond there.

good gosh, i love this song.

i can't imagine what the rest of the album is like.

I wanted to come back here to say that it is indeed around 3:07 into the song.

The player on my pc seems to have a timefluke. According to my player, the song is over 7 mins long (whishfull thinking lol)

and the more I listen to it, I'm more conviced that is exactly what he says.
And exactly for the reason you've mentioned, irvine.
I just thought it was so obvious that I didn't elaborate on it , sorry.

Another part i like in this song is "some things you shouldn't get too good at.....some ppl got way too much confidence baby" That second baby, well that makes me melt. (I won't mention the timing on that for above reasons ;) )
I know, a very girlish way to :drool:, but he can sing that baby to me any time :wink: :happy:

Rafiennes said:
After the 'do do do' part and Bono starts singing the chorus again (about 3:40) he sounds like he's smling and tsarts laughing a bit and he seems to say something off mike.
A great, live moment.

That single bit is priceless. He seems to be caught up by it, and we can feel his joy on singing the song. I guess the off mike word is "no". Sort of reinforcing what he sings previously (you don´t have to be shy about it).

MT

Diemen said:
My favorite part is Edge's guitar everytime the "Everywhere you go you shout it" chorus kicks in. It just sounds right, ya know?

oh yeah! i love this song to bits. it's probably my favourite of the new songs. but, i kind of wish they had've stuck with the jangly guitar throughout instead of the strings. the piano is a nice touch, but i love the guitar in the chorus so much that i want it through the whole song.

my favourite bono moment: the last time he sings 'you don't have to be shy about it'--he's got a bit of a laugh going on. suits the song perfectly.

fabulous song. :drool:

The song is not just about Edge's daughter, cos you can tell that in the lyrics. It started out being about that but it took on some personal meaning for Bono on other things and that is obvious in the lyrics. One lyric that is an example is "Some people got way too much confidence.......baby........babbby" which is obviously a reference to himself.

Back
Top Bottom