OOTS download only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
just got this in my inbox from u2.com...

DOWNLOAD ONLY RELEASED 20th FEBRUARY.

Audio and video available.
A new version of the song 'Original Of The Species' has been specially re-recorded by the band with producer Jacknife Lee in Holland last July.
Long time band collaborator Catherine Owens has provided a stunning video to accompany the track, a dazzling work of futuristic animation and one of the most unusual videos the band has ever made.

This new version of 'Original Of The Species' will be released as an audio and video download only, available from Monday 20th February in the UK.

This download only release is available from all legal download stores including iTunes and www.islandtunes.co.uk.

cool. glad I'm signed to iTunes though I'll only moan about wastin 79p on something that won't be as good as the original..

namkcuR said:
Is this identical to the 'single version' that we already have?

i could be wrong but as far as i know the UK didn't get this single (and if we did, why don't i have it???) so this is going to be a UK release only

Last edited:
i wont count this is as a single unless i have my 2cd+dvd crammed into a slipcase on my shelf!

What, am I gonna show a DRM mp3/aac track to my grandkids ;) ?

You know thelaj....tahts' the only problem with digital music I have...there's nothing to hold onto and remember :(

Christ! It's been out since 10th February?! I've been looking daily for it and have found nothing! :huh: cheers for the link!

Yeah Ive had that email as well, I think it's pretty disappointing, though no surprise that's it's not being release as a CD in the UK.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but I doubt it will do well in the charts because of that.

Ive been keeping my eyes open for a us import, but havent seen one yet.

Ellay said:
Yeah Ive had that email as well, I think it's pretty disappointing, though no surprise that's it's not being release as a CD in the UK.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but I doubt it will do well in the charts because of that.

Ive been keeping my eyes open for a us import, but havent seen one yet.

Why only a download release? Perhaps so they don't have to put out the same crappy remixes on another cd that no one wants.:wink:

hope original would get to uk top 40 download chart
how do you think?is it real?

Would the new OOTS version be aired on radio stations?

Back
Top Bottom