only 1 rotten tomato for U2 3D & the reviewer is an idiot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bort269

War Child
I was checking http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/u2_3d/

and noticed that U2 3D had a 94% rating so I wanted to see how many bad reviews it got... only 1 and this is a clip of what the reviewer said:

"most thrillingly during the performance of "One," throughout which a collage of South American flags are rear-projected above the stage."

wow! someone was obviously playing with his iPhone, DS or PSP during the movie instead of paying attention!

Here's his full review:
http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/film_review.asp?ID=3407

I emailed him last night to tell him that he was an idiot and got this reply today:

ed gonzalez (ed@slantmagazine.com) wrote*:
>
> proof that u2 fans are as petty as avril lavigne ones!
> what are you, two-years-old?

:laugh:

Oh no, somebody didn't like U2 3D.

Watch as I don't care.

xaviMF22 said:
watch it or die :drool:

Wait, so you die if you don't watch it, and you die if you do?

So the entire human race is pretty much screwed?

Axver said:

Wait, so you die if you don't watch it, and you die if you do?

So the entire human race is pretty much screwed?

Is Bono's plan for a mass genocide :tsk:

meanwhile he get to watch it and stuff his face with popcorn :drool: :drool:

Here's a novel thought, bort: art is subjective and not everybody is going to like or should even like the same things you do. Some people might even hate it.

Move on with your life. :wink:

Last edited:
to be honest, Bort, what did you expect? Am I right in thinking he mixed up South American flags with the African ones used during Streets on that tour?

If one of the 5 star reviews for the movie made that mistake would you have made the effort to email them and call them an idiot?! I wouldn't mind seeing your email either because you seem like you're taking this way too seriously for your own good. Just because he doesn't like the film you've basically gone and nit-picked for whatever small mistake you can find in his review just so you can hold that against him, he's right you really are petty.

:no: Bort is right: some people get paid to write six lines of bs and can be ignorant at the same time.

it doesn't take much to browse the Internet and make sure what you are writing is accurate.

edurban said:

it doesn't take much to browse the Internet and make sure what you are writing is accurate.

:huh:

saywha? Why would you browse the internet looking for a relatively insignificant factoid like that (I mean, it isn't a huge stretch, One gets played right after Streets, no?) when writing a review based upon your recollection of a movie you saw earlier that night (or, worse still, the day before)

Read some of the fan reviews on U2tours...they get things mixed up about the shows all the time!!

I hear if you say Hanover Quay five times in a row out loud right after seeing U2:3D, you immediately die.

gabrielvox said:

:huh:

saywha? Why would you browse the internet looking for a relatively insignificant factoid like that (I mean, it isn't a huge stretch, One gets played right after Streets, no?) when writing a review based upon your recollection of a movie you saw earlier that night (or, worse still, the day before)

Read some of the fan reviews on U2tours...they get things mixed up about the shows all the time!!

I am talking about the flags here, not about U2 facts. That's general knowledge.

Maybe we live according to different standards.

well, im about to watch it tonight and I'm sure I'll have a good review, but I can say I was already dissapointed with the setlist :wink:

RademR said:
well, im about to watch it tonight and I'm sure I'll have a good review, but I can say I was already dissapointed with the setlist :wink:

Not enough AB in it for me.

edurban said:

I am talking about the flags here, not about U2 facts. That's general knowledge.

Um. You said that the person could have done fact checking on the internet before submitting their review. I find that a stretch because if they sincerely 'remembered' that the flags were lowered during One, then it wouldn't occur to them to go searching on the net to confirm that, and really, given the level of detail in the rest of the review, imo it's relatively insignificant and not indicative of a poorly written review per se.

You won't allow that it could be possible for the casual U2 fan to mix up which song the flags were displayed in?

edurban said:

:yawn:

Or maybe the reviewer just forgot what they were while writing the review and thought to himself, South American concert, probably South American flags. Why is this such a big deal for you?
Are you the flag curator of a museum? Do you make flags? Are you an African? Are you South American?

I'm running out of ideas as to why this would bother you so much.

LOL. U2 (I'm one too) are so crazy about stuff like this. Its one bad review and we want this guys head.

I could see a group of interfereners in a van going to this guys house with "Vertigo" blasting and breaking into his house with baseball bats.

Back
Top Bottom