One year ago tonight, I can't believe it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

I was in Charlotte Coliseum, watching Nelly Furtado and waiting for U2 to take the stage! It was my very first Elevation show, and it was supposed to be my last. But, I was in the seats, thinking I couldn't deal with GA because I'd had some bad experiences being squished before. But seeing how cool the heart was, and how close the fans were, I became incredibly jealous. It was an awesome show, but every time I left my seat to get a better view I was bugged by security to sit down. I loved the show, but it only left me wanting more!

charlottebig.jpg

After the show, some boys parked next to me came over and got in my face and poked their fingers at me going, 'he was THAT close, I tell you THAT close! I could see every detail in his eyes! It was the most awesome thing ever!' I told him I was in the seats, and he said, 'you HAVE to get down there, next time. You just HAVE to!' Well that got me feeling so hungry for more, and so determined to get GA tickets SOMEWHERE and get into the heart, and get my hands on Bono, and meet the band. I had a dream, a crazy dream, it might not come true, but I had to try. At that point, the only tickets left for sale were with brokers but I was willing to pay the price, and I did, but that is another story, well several other stories. Tonight I just want to remember Charlotte and how great it was. It was cold and raining, but it gets so hot in here!

I CANNOT believe it was a year ago. It seems so recent. Now that the tour is a year old, how about every night it's the anniversary of a concert, someone who was there come on and tell us about it?

Anyone want to take Atlanta?

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

I think it's a good idea for people to report on the anniversary of their Elevation shows. I'll report on April 12th!

Originally posted by jezebel:
great idea Stormy! I'll report on April 23, 24, and 28!

Aug. 25 and

Nov. 19!

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 03-29-2002).]

I'll be right behind you Jez. And one correction. Nov. 18th was the Vegas concert!! Could it be old age?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks! Let's have a story for every one year anniversary of the tour! Let's hear them all!
smile.gif

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Back
Top Bottom