One Year Ago Tomorrow: Memories of Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jezebel

War Child
**sigh**

what a show, what a weekend!!!!

got to meet tiny dancer, finally, jesseU2, and others from the YahooPhoenix group

special screening of Rattle n Hum Friday night and I won a bunch of U2 cds

saw some of the sights in Phoenix

and a great show Saturday night, of course, including In Gods Country during Elevation
!!!!!!!!

anybody else?????????

Me too!!
smile.gif

It's my official Elevation anniversary! My first U2 concert EVER! I'm planning on giving my Phoenix boot a spin and then possibly popping in the Elevation DVD.

I went *crazy* when they sang IGC!!
biggrin.gif

Ahhhh...the memories! Here's a link to some pictures that were taken by the girl I sat next to at the concert. (If you reading, you're awesome, Tanya!!
smile.gif
)

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/thoughto/u2.html

Originally posted by jezebel:
**sigh**

what a show, what a weekend!!!!

got to meet tiny dancer, finally, jesseU2, and others from the YahooPhoenix group

special screening of Rattle n Hum Friday night and I won a bunch of U2 cds

saw some of the sights in Phoenix

and a great show Saturday night, of course, including In Gods Country during Elevation
!!!!!!!!

anybody else?????????

Yes indeed it was a super weekend I always remember. Got to finally meet you, and also attend my first U2 concert ever. Thanks for a great time and showing me the desert, and all the sights. The only bummer was that you had a nasty cold, but you were a real trooper about it.
smile.gif

td

That crowd was the loudest crowd I had EVER heard at a concert!!! I drove out there on that Saturday and napped before the show. I saw you, jez, and td, but I didn't know who you were. You both (?) wore WIRE tags. I was able to lay on the grass for a while before the show, very relaxing. Gotta love ebay and single tickets for face value!

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

I flew from Texas to Arizona Saturday morning, without concert tickets! Checked in the hotel, and proceeded to snag a couple of GA's from a broker and was in line by 11 am.
smile.gif

Even though I missed getting in to the heart by just a few people, because of security opening all the doors at once... I still ended up at the outside tip 2nd row and it was amazing for my first GA show of the tour.

Originally posted by martha:
That crowd was the loudest crowd I had EVER heard at a concert!!! I drove out there on that Saturday and napped before the show. I saw you, jez, and td, but I didn't know who you were. You both (?) wore WIRE tags. I was able to lay on the grass for a while before the show, very relaxing. Gotta love ebay and single tickets for face value!

Martha I think maybe you are thinking of the Vegas concert when you meet Jezebel and myself. Remember the banner party we had at he Hard rock Hotel, and we met you there for the first time. You brought your delicious cookies for us to munch on.
biggrin.gif

No, td; I saw the two of you sitting on the grass on the side of the arena. I had noticed your WIRE tags. When I saw you in Vegas, I mentioned it to jezebel.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Originally posted by martha:
No, td; I saw the two of you sitting on the grass on the side of the arena. I had noticed your WIRE tags. When I saw you in Vegas, I mentioned it to jezebel.

You're right Martha, we were sitting on the grass before the concert,and Jezebel had on her WIRE tag. What can I say, when you're in your 40's your memory starts to fade away.
biggrin.gif

I was there one year ago today!
Way up there almost swinging from the rafters....
wink.gif

Can't wait until November so I can say I was there again... only closer.
smile.gif

I'm a day late as well...but what an exciting concert that was in Phoenix. My son flew into ABQ from Minneapolis/St Paul, we jumped into Achtung Baby (my black Jetta) and we drove to Phoenix, listening to U2 all the way. We scrutinized the personal meaning of each song on ATYCLB...with my son saying "Now that's a genius" when Edge's guitar cries at the beginning of When I Look at the World...finally we pull into Phoenix and hang out at the arena...finding out that we just miss Bono by 20 min!!!!The show was awesome,we hadn't seen them since Pop at the Hubie Dome in Mpls!!My husband cried at Bono's singin...we laughed at Bono when he layed down on the speakers...it was, well, there are no words!!!

Dammit, I'm a day late. Well anyway, I was there too! I listened to my boot yesterday, remembering what a great, great concert that was. I barely got tix like two days before the show, and I'm so very glad I did. I was in the seats, but it had been closer than my previous balcony seats in San Diego. My friend and I kept talking about how "close" we were. Haha, man oh man, you can imagine how we felt when we finally got in the heart at the second Phoenix show. Anyway, I still remember that night! It was amazing.
smile.gif

*wipes tear of nostalgia away*

bally, love your nickname! never got to go to that village whilst in Ireland
frown.gif

And one year ago today, I was driving home alone
frown.gif
thru the Sonoran Desert, listening to Outside its America and a PopMart interview which kept me awake the last 100 miles
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom