One year ago: ATLANTA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks NATE, a charmed year for U2 and their fans (of course musically speaking only), so much so that we post stuff like this because of how much we miss those special nights that define us here.

I only hope they top themselves again, though I always say "how could they possibly top this one" and they alwasy do
smile.gif

Exactly one year ago to this very minute we were racing through metro atlanta interstate 285 to get to the CNN center and Phillips Arena.

We finally got there and in line by 3:30, realized that we were like #250 or so and we could probably make it into the heart. We made fast friends with our line-mates around us, and soon we were making our way into the wonderful mall of the CNN center to use the restroom and load up on Guinness
redface.gif
My buddy; with his Edge-beanie and goatee looked like Edge, and would make his way into the center with people gawking at him and pointing, as if-
biggrin.gif
The radio station remote set up next to the line passed out stickers that said '96Rocks'. Of course he made it say '69cocks', for some odd reason
eek.gif

After some confusion with the line when we tried to enter the place, we got into the heart with much high-fiving and thanking everyone from God to Propaganda!

By the time Nelly Furtado began her set, we were zooted enough to yell and scream and hold up $dollar bills$ to her.

And then came that moment with the house lights still on, Edge appearing first or was it Adam, who cares we all had lost ourselves! All we could think was how close we were and how we could tocuh them and damn they F$#$#$% ROCKED!!!!

This was my 2nd ever U2 show, my first in four years and the first of 4 last year. Atlanta had probably the best sound of the 4, yet the worst crowd for some reason.

Before this show I had posted a thread about 'how to get noticed by u2' and it wasn't an issue by any means. I had plenty of Bono time, eye contact and him grabbing my hand and often staring at me in amazement ("how the fuck did Larrys dog get in here")and Edge-time too with his half smiles and nods while busting out a chord for us! We also got the whole front of Adam to chant "ADAM ADAM ADAM" to the count of 3, which we got his nod and nose-up smile!!!

While it was rumored that some of REM were there, I did not see them. During the encore, I noticed a middle age guy suddenly appear next to me. I look at him and he is Paul McGuinness! Oh you picked the wrong drunk to stand next to..He graciously put up with me drunkeness and replied to me asking him why he was out here with "I'm just watching my boys"
cool.gif

I was there as well....great show, but it wasn't quite as exciting as seeing my first elevation show the night before in Charlotte. Of the four shows I ended up seeing last year, I'd say the 3/30 show had the least energy to it - but, as always, a great show anyway!!!

BTW, z edge - do you live in Atlanta?

Brian

------------------
u22u.dns2go.com
port 2002
user u22u
pass u22u

Originally posted by BB218:

BTW, z edge - do you live in Atlanta?

Brian

No, I used to though. I live in Oklahoma now, but I lived in Marietta for a while in 98-99!

Atlanta Rocks-I really miss 99X!

I was there too... in the heart, on the rail, in front of the Edge. My 6th time seeing U2. What an awesome show & tour. Bad + 40 + Streets = INCREDIBLE!!! I also saw the 3rd leg Atlanta show, and it seemed to have a little more energy & a better setlist (even though my seats were behind the stage).

ISO quality boots for both if anyone cares to do a B&P for me (or I can trade some Springsteen boots if interested)

E-mail me at r_brinkley@hotmail.com

I was there too - my first of 4 Elevation shows - ending up in Atlanta in Nov - full circle. That's the night I met all 4 boys and got my Bono hug!

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

Back
Top Bottom