ONE wristband

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely I am still wearing mine. I also still wear my yellow Livestrong wristband. I have no plans to take either one off at this time.

At my company these wristbands are required to be removed in order to enter some of our repair and production areas. I refuse to go to those areas because I refuse to remove my wristbands!

i stopped wearing them because both wrist bands became fashion fads and were not being worn by people who cared for the cause but because it was "cool" to wear a livestrong band or make poverty history band.

i mean even the big mass produced "fashion" clothing shops started their own ones with different words written on them, trying to cash in on the sucess

a wonderful idea corrupted by fashion and big business :(

I usually wear mine when I go out (I'm home a lot). I still have a few extra here from the original purchase as well...

One of my students was talking to me after class the other day, and he held out his arm and showed me that we were both wearing One bands. He'd gotten his at Live 8 and had no clue what it really meant, besides that it had something to do with the same causes as Live 8. I took some time to explain it all to him before I helped him with his paper.

And I'm proud to report that I'm now considered "cool" :wink:

mine is on the stickshift of my car. everytime i get into the car it not only takes me back to last year's shows, but reminds me of how silly some of my 'problems' are compared to the rest of the world's.

i'd love one but cant find a place where to get em. Hate people who wear things they dont under stand ...

i don't have a ONE band. but i have a 'Make Poverty History' band.

EDIT: i've jut ordered a 10 pack of ONE bands from one.org :rockon:

Last edited:
i still wear mine. it's gotten a little stretched, but isn't nearly as gray as i thought it'd be by now!

I got mine from digsy. I still have it, don't wear it much though (never have) because it's too big and falls off or gets caught.

I do have several aids ribbon pins made by women in Africa. I keep one on each of my purses/bags/backpacks and I've worn those for four years.

Left wrist: 31 blue, black, and glow-in-the-dark jelly bracelets
Right wrist: 3 more jelly bracelets, 1 ONE wristband

I'm a bit obsessed with my bracelets. I only take them off for showering, swimming, doing dishes, and the like. Also, it totally wasn't planned to have 31 on one wrist and 3 plus ONE on the other, it just worked out that way.

I wear mine everyday to school, and I always get questions about it.

When I tell people what it's about, most give me a weird look, and think it's because I have AIDS or something.

flippin' idiots.

Wearing mine right now. I've had the chance to talk about it with about a dozen people who hadn't heard of the campaign.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Left wrist: 31 blue, black, and glow-in-the-dark jelly bracelets
Right wrist: 3 more jelly bracelets, 1 ONE wristband

I'm a bit obsessed with my bracelets. I only take them off for showering, swimming, doing dishes, and the like. Also, it totally wasn't planned to have 31 on one wrist and 3 plus ONE on the other, it just worked out that way.

That must look pretty funny.

I have a few actually. I still wear one fron time to time but it is really hard to get on my arm because my hands are annoyingly big it kind of sucks.

It is amazing how many conversations I have had with people about the ONE wristband. Pretty cool. I ordered ten and have given a few away to people who have asked about it. Fad, maybe, but people are still asking, so I will still wear it! I think the fact that is is bright white makes it stand out. Good choice on color.

I've worn one since I got it about 2-3 months ago.

No one has yet you make any comment about it. :tsk:

clifedge said:

That must look pretty funny.
Maybe a little lopsided, but I'm used to it.

No one's ever really asked me about me ONE wristband, but that may be because the huge mass of blue on my other wrist is more noticable.
One woman pointed my other bracelets out and mentioned that her niece has tons of rubber wristbands (the ones for causes, like the ONE band) up and down her arm, so then I pointed out my ONE wristband and explained the campaign to her... she didn't really care. It sort of bothered me that her niece wears so many wristbands though, because that just seems like you're doing it for fashion.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I wear mine everyday to school, and I always get questions about it.

When I tell people what it's about, most give me a weird look, and think it's because I have AIDS or something.

flippin' idiots.

:lol: What a bunch of idiots, really!

I used to wear mine everytime I went out! And then I just kinda stopped wearing it because I haven't exactly been actively participating with the ONE campaign except for putting my signature on emails to President Bush or something like that. What is it supposed to do? Just make people curious and aware about the problem, correct? I've definitely gotten questions about it when I wore it.

Apart from the good cause, it just might be a good way to meet people! ;)

Eliv8 said:
Still wearing yours? Did you buy one?

I always get into conversations with people when I see them wearing their ‘colors’.

Yes, I'm still wearing mine. I bought it from outside the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, Denmark just minutes before going in to see U2 live in concert! :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Maybe a little lopsided, but I'm used to it.

No one's ever really asked me about me ONE wristband, but that may be because the huge mass of blue on my other wrist is more noticable.
One woman pointed my other bracelets out and mentioned that her niece has tons of rubber wristbands (the ones for causes, like the ONE band) up and down her arm, so then I pointed out my ONE wristband and explained the campaign to her... she didn't really care. It sort of bothered me that her niece wears so many wristbands though, because that just seems like you're doing it for fashion.

Yeah...I'm glad you're doing it for causes and not just for fashion. I can imagine it would be lopsided. Is your left forearm muscle huge? :lol:

I see...that's not as big a mass of bands as I was picturing. 31 sounds like a ton.

clifedge said:

Yeah...I'm glad you're doing it for causes and not just for fashion. I can imagine it would be lopsided. Is your left forearm muscle huge? :lol:

I see...that's not as big a mass of bands as I was picturing. 31 sounds like a ton.
Hmm, well my right wrist is a bit thinner than my left, but I think that's mostly because I'm right handed. The bracelets are fairly small and bunch together, so it ends up not looking like as many :wink:

I've worn mine since I got it back in May of last year, but the T-shirt is more effective at explaining to people who don't know. There should really be posters up in all major metro areas.

Back
Top Bottom