ONE wristband

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my One bracelet about a year ago, and still wear it all the time.

I get comments on it occasionally, but it's usually from other people who are wearing it as well. When I first got it, all my co-workers were asking about it.

used to wear mine everyday, but had a friend who past away from leukemia last fall and i started wearing the "livestrong" bracelet instead. it just means a lot to me.

When I wore mine, people would comment. Mostly adults, not my peers, like people at church. When I had jury duty, before the judge comes in to prep you, everyone has to sit there in this awkward silence for a long time. One guy asked about it, so I got to give a spiel to a bunch of strangers!

I have several, but I wear the one I got at the concert in Vegas...just cause. Its funny though, I ordered mine pretty much when they first came out, I ordered 10 but they didnt come to my house they went to the people's house who live in front of us. On e day I was wondering why they hadn't come and then I noticed that the kids in the house in form were wearing them! lol, I thought to myself... Oh well, I'll just buy some more its for a good cause. I just wondered if the kids knew what they were for? :eeklaugh:

ONE braclet and Rock the Arts braclet on my left arm

Watch and Destination Graduation band on the other

I haven't takenthe ONE band off since I got it in Sept.

RademR said:
used to wear mine everyday, but had a friend who past away from leukemia last fall and i started wearing the "livestrong" bracelet instead. it just means a lot to me.

I wear them both. My dad died from cancer, so I know where you are coming from. :hug:

I always throw on either my MPH or more recently aquired ONE band before I go out.:heart:

I've been asked about them a few times. :up:
But many of the people I'm in contact with frequently already have a least some idea as to what it's about, otherwise, I probably would have been asked much more.

Well about the ONE wristbands... I was hoping that the ONE campaign would come here along with Vertigo, but it wasn't so... :( I asked people who went abroad to get me one, they never found it (?????)

There's no other way I can get one, except by buying one from mercado libre (local e-bay, lol) but i don't even know who's selling it, and why they should make profit out if it :shrug:

I still wear mine from time to time. I also wear it with my AIDS Orphans bracelet. I usually wear these when I know I will going out somewhere different and I will be meeting new people.

quadcaster said:
i stopped wearing them because both wrist bands became fashion fads and were not being worn by people who cared for the cause but because it was "cool" to wear a livestrong band or make poverty history band.

i mean even the big mass produced "fashion" clothing shops started their own ones with different words written on them, trying to cash in on the sucess

a wonderful idea corrupted by fashion and big business :(
werd.

i gave mine to a little girl who was fascinated by it.
i see her mother at the place i go for coffee and she says she still wears it everyday :D

I wear mine occasionally. There's always somebody asking what it means - because most people know what the red or pink ones mean but not necessarily the white - and I love telling them :yes:

I've been wearing mine for almost a year (since the Boston concerts in May) and I've gotten maybe one question about it. I never take it off.

Back
Top Bottom