One Tree Hill Live Solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMScoopy

Refugee
I was wondering this:

There are basically 2 very similar versions of the solo edge plays at the end of the song on the JT and Lovetown Tours. Then comes along the one and only (i think) 12/26/89 solo, which completely blows the others away. I wonder if egde just said fuck it that night and just improvised that to do something different, or he rehersed it just for that night. And why did he only do the solo like that once?

The JT solo is very "shy" and short , only few times it was bit longer .

While the LT solo is way more wild , Edge works lot more with the higher strings , lots of improvisation , a really cool solo . There are differences like the Rotterdam probably the best I've heard , while there is one from Sydney which is very great as well , but different , other improvisations.

Last edited:
Yeah, but if you've heard the one from 12/26/89 X-mas at point depot, it's TOTALLY different from all those other ones. He even uses hammer ons and pull offs like on the extended desire solos, which is the only other time he's done that except for those desire solos.

here is a clip of it, so you know what im talking about if you've never heard it. there is more of it after i cut it off, but it is blocked off by bono's screaming :mad:

http://www.mega upload.com/?d=3J1R52H5

Last edited:
JM , dude I may be wrong , but at least from what I remember and play , since the JT solo he played H-ons and P-ofs , only on the A and D string if not wrong , if you are talkin on the LT solo , every solo had these on the lower strings , I'm sure , try to download other show and check.

got a link for ya above.

as for the hammer-ons and pull-offs, you'll know what im talking about when you hear it. :lol:

Last edited:
Oh I heard , what I noticed is that he really put some bendings on the Hs and Ps , and yeah played fast like Desire solo , sounded awesome indeed . True I havent never heard any OTH solo like that , but there's the one of Rotterdam last night , which If'm not wrong , was the last time it was played , there is a pretty wicked solo as well , not that fast .

Back
Top Bottom