One Tree Hill live clip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Hey all, I recently downloaded from Kazaa a 5.17 clip of one tree hill from a show in 1989. It is a great clip- does anyone know which concert it is from or if it is from some video that I dont know about, I would like to see more of the songs from this show as the band just sound great........:wink:

I have it too. It is a great performance

Looks like material cut from Rattle and Hum, but i don't think it's from 1989. I'll guess it's from one of the Tempe shows (12/19/1987 or 12/20/1987)

If it has the time at the bottom of the screen it is probably the Rattle and Hum version which can be found on the 80's Best Of video.

It's basically The Best Of 1980-1990, but then with videos accompanying each track. :p Plus, it has One Tree Hill as an extra track. This one was released in 1999 (IIRC) and is a VHS-only release, so no DVD yet.

C ya!

Marty

It is material cut from Rattle and Hum and it is one of the Tempe 87 shows. I "think" it is the 12-20-87 Tempe show but I'am not for sure on that as there is no distinct audio differences between the performances of that song from 12-19 to 12-20. The camera angles and overall footage appear to fit more with 12-20 though over 12-19. But, again, I'am guessing as I have never really looked at or compared it that closely. The time bar is an editing feature that appears on all the raw footage (take a look at the Rattle and Hum outtake DVD's and you will see it there also). Its so they can edit different camera angles and keep it all in sync. Usually the bar is taken off but they apparantly just threw the raw footage for the Best Of video so the time bar is left on there.

Back
Top Bottom