One Tree Hill and Discotheque?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colinmchapman

The Fly
Hey ya'll. I was listening to One Tree Hill from 12/31/89 the lovetown show. About 3:15min into the song...it sounds like they break out into Discotheque. Can someone back me up on this? I almost think Bono actually says Discotheque. Was discotheque written back in the late 80's (and this case the first moments of the 90's)

This is possibly the funniest thread I've seen in a while.

I'm now going to play that specific One Tree Hill just to hear what Bono actually says.

OK, here's 1989-12-31, One Tree Hill, 3:00-3:30.

That's when the rain will break my heart
Ah da da da, la da da
[Edge busts into his solo]
Go, go ... *high-pitched noise* ... lovey, oh love love ...

He may or may not be saying 'go'. Whatever it is, it sure as hell has nothing to do with Discotheque. Or if it does, then I guess Bono is snippeting Surrender whenever he sings "surrender, dislocate" in Bad.

"Ooooooooh...greeeeeeaaaaaaat Oceannnnnn. Ooooooohhhhh......greeeeeeeeeaaaat seeaaaaaaa. Ruuuuuuuuuuuun toooooooooo the oceannnnnnnn. Ruuuuuuuuun toooo the BOOM CHA-BOOM CHA DISCOTHEQUE"!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Aardvark747 said:
"Ooooooooh...greeeeeeaaaaaaat Oceannnnnn. Ooooooohhhhh......greeeeeeeeeaaaat seeaaaaaaa. Ruuuuuuuuuuuun toooooooooo the oceannnnnnnn. Ruuuuuuuuun toooo the BOOM CHA-BOOM CHA DISCOTHEQUE"!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:up:

I want to run, I want to hide, I want to tear down the discotheque that holds the dead men inside.

colinmchapman said:
aw...what the crap. im serious. Did anyone actually go and listen to the track.

Did you read my second post?

And my goodness, this is funnier knowing you're completely serious. :lol:

karls77 said:
Just the though of a late-80's U2 launching into Discotheque cracks me up! Perhaps they could emerge from a huge mirror-ball joshua tree!!

lol i can just imagine them emerging out of a huge lemon wearing stetsons and denim jeans ect....

It was a cold and wet December day.. when we threw our arms, around the world!!! :) :wink: :wink: Loooove this!!!

I want to go there with you---a--hooooooooooooo.....

[dmm dmm dmm dmm chh chh chh chh]

Weather round here choppin' and changing, surgery in the air......

Back
Top Bottom