ONE thread to rule them all! - HTDAAB Bashing Threads... be scared, be very scared!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People dont like that Bono is involved in politics because half of the people that are listening to U2 dont have a brain.

They just want to "rock all night and party every day", almost as bad as Montley Crue fans.

While the politics might get in the way of Bono being in the studio as much as he was in the past which I agree with he is still very capable of writting great material, and has been on the last 2 albums.

They may be guilty of trying to please a mass audience but I only wonder 1 thing, was this the same thing that fans up to the Unforgettable Fire album said about Joshua Tree, I am sure it was, and I bet many of the people from the Red Rocks video arent fans of U2 anymore because they are too "mainstream", but if U2 wasnt in the public eye how many of you would have actually heard of them? Probably not too many.

Achtung Baby is great
Pop is great
ATYCLB is great
Bomb is great

I would rate all of those above albums in my top 5 even if they have the contrasting style which is what I like variety, of which I am sure U2 will showcase more on the next album, but I am sure there is already people waiting to bash it the day it comes out.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Discotheque...someone, somewhere said live the main guitar riff sounded like a mosquito farting...:lol:

actually, Bono said that about the riff on the album, after that glorious bridge, the riff comes back and it's all distorted and shit. that's what he was talking about :wink:

I thought Pop songs were fantastic live... personally I enjoy the acoustic SATS, though it's too bad they never nailed the full-band version. Do You Feel Loved, even, was good live, I thought. It's a shame they dropped it. The only Pop song that really was never good live at all was If God, and they just kinda gave up on that one. with more rehearsals it could have been better :shrug: oh, I never cared for Wake Up Dead Man either, since they never played the entire song live. The acoustic version just doesn't cut it for me. So I guess that makes two Pop songs that weren't good live (plus Playboy Mansion obviously).

but hey it's all opinion, some people didnt dig pop, I ain't trippin

Back
Top Bottom