One - The Greatest Song Ever Written or recorded.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Is there anyone with me on this proclamation? Every time I listen, I find new meaning, new joys and new pain. Every time I get seriously involved with a woman I ask her what she thinks of this song.........it truly means a lot to me, as silly as that sounds. It is by far my favorite song in history.......
Un Freaking Believable........
I am a person who frowns on 'Celebrity Worship'....I do not understand those who love Tom Cruise or Cameron Diaz.....
But if I ever met Bono I would thank him and his band for making the most unbelievable piece of art I have ever witnessed......

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!

you said CAMERON DIAZ

*sigh*

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Hitman:
Every time I get seriously involved with a woman I ask her what she thinks of this song.........

I love this song. Will you ask me out now?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Hitman:
Is there anyone with me on this proclamation? Every time I listen, I find new meaning, new joys and new pain. Every time I get seriously involved with a woman I ask her what she thinks of this song.........it truly means a lot to me, as silly as that sounds. It is by far my favorite song in history.......
Un Freaking Believable........
I am a person who frowns on 'Celebrity Worship'....I do not understand those who love Tom Cruise or Cameron Diaz.....
But if I ever met Bono I would thank him and his band for making the most unbelievable piece of art I have ever witnessed......

Still comes (just) behind ISHFWILF for me - these two songs are the greatest in my book.

Mike

Very provokative to say so on a, dare I say, U2 freak board. But correct anyway
smile.gif

------------------
beLIEve

HOLY SH#T.. YOU ARE D@MN RIGHT ON THE F#CKING SPOT WITH THIS ONE.. one IS MY F#CKING FAVORITE AND GREATEST F#CKING SONG i'VE EVER HEARD, LISTENED TO AND F$CKING TRIED TO ANALYZE LIKE A B#TCH.. i LOVE THIS F$CKING SONG.. CHILLS, SHUDDERS, IT BRINGS ALL THESE F^CKING THINGS TO ME, I SWEAR, IT'S GOTTEN ME THROUGH SOOO MANY F%CKING SH%T SITUATIONS IT'S F#CKING UNBELIEVABLE!

Hahaha.. at least i crack myself up eh.. But seriously, I completely agree... There are a thousand meanings to this song, and It is soo hopeful. My favorite by far.

Cheers F#ckFace,

Lemonite

One is to me the greatest song U2 has written. It holds a special place in my heart due to the death of a certain one love who was very close to me died of aids. this song came out when my cousin was dying of this horrible disease.

"We get to carry each other." ONE

One has been my favourite song before I even knew U2 had done it.

In regards to 'Celebrity Worship' I don't think (normal) people actually love Cameron Diaz or Tom Cruise... they just fancy the pants off them!
wink.gif

thanks for this one hitman, but in all seriousness, this forum is not big enough for this topic; hehe. i'll be short on this one, i believe if U2 had 'written' this song then yes, it probably would be their greatest song written & recorded. It is prolly their greatest studio 'moments' next to 'wowy' and the like. I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell Eno was on, saying he actually did not like the song when bono first sang it @%&*^$*@???? but back to the actual writing, this song was a gift, pure and simple; a gift from the powers that be, whichever you happen to believe in, since the band had essentially hit their collective creative 'wall'. Gave them the confidence they needed to write and stay together, a point Michael Griffiths made i think was right on the money, One is the song u2 was 'trying' to write when they came up with "Walk On"!! amen
biggrin.gif

I'm writing a college app essay about "One" and it's insanely difficult to get the words out! I've been listening to the song over and over, and it's hard to put it all into words!

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Back
Top Bottom