One Step Closer = Most underrated song ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love this song. It's in my A catorgory along with Sometimes...City...and Crumbs.

For some reason, the lyrics really appeal to me especially

i just watch the daylights GLOWING
One Step Closer to KNOWING,

As well as the next verse

Can you hear the drummer SLOWING
One Step Closer to KNOWING

One Step closer isn't underrated to me.......
though i can think of few other songs by other artists that are vastly underrated, but this is not the thread or room to share it

personnaly, i'm very happy to have one step closer near to the top of my fav list, everytime when i go with htdaab it's the second or third song that i hear. it's a beautiful song, maybe many will understand it and appreciate after some live playings

Hoodlem said:
...or at least on the new album. I seriously do not understand the abuse it recieves around here. It is sheer beauty. It certainly did not deserve to be voted off first in survivor. Does anyone out there love this song?

I don´t want to offend you my friend :tsk: but this song just goes nowhere, really. Come on mate, I know by 2006, when U2 will release their "new" ( I really hope it will be a NEW one ) you will say without any regret "half of HTDAAB wasn´t that good. Songs like A Man And A Woman, Original Of The Species, One Step Closer, Sometimes, etc are shameful, below average for U2 catalog".

Many ATYCLB lovers can easily admit songs like Grace, In a Little While, Wild Honey or Peace On Earth are extremely low points for U2 standards. This is not a new situation, really. I was one of the few I was dare to express my dissapointment of that album by late 2000 and early 2001, most of fans said me "Are you nuts ?", "get a life", and even worse words :sad: but I was right, the time spoke itself and more and more fans are discovering ATYCLB wasn´t that great album as was hyped. You can skip half of the album with no problem.

The same thing will happen with this one, times will show I´m right again :yes:

I want them to prove themselves again, not a sold out iPod band anymore, comfortably numb !!!!!!
:tsk:

Re: Re: One Step Closer = Most underrated song ever...

ponkine said:

I don´t want to offend you my friend :tsk: but this song just goes nowhere, really. Come on mate, I know by 2006, when U2 will release their "new" ( I really hope it will be a NEW one ) you will say without any regret "half of HTDAAB wasn´t that good. Songs like A Man And A Woman, Original Of The Species, One Step Closer, Sometimes, etc are shameful, below average for U2 catalog".

Many ATYCLB lovers can easily admit songs like Grace, In a Little While, Wild Honey or Peace On Earth are extremely low points for U2 standards. This is not a new situation, really. I was one of the few I was dare to express my dissapointment of that album by late 2000 and early 2001, most of fans said me "Are you nuts ?", "get a life", and even worse words :sad: but I was right, the time spoke itself and more and more fans are discovering ATYCLB wasn´t that great album as was hyped. You can skip half of the album with no problem.

I want them to prove themselves again, not a sold out iPod band anymore, comfortably numb !!!!!!

You would be funnier if you had an actual punchline...

You put Sometimes on the same level as the weaker songs off ATYCLB?

Yikes.....

And stop trying to come off as some sort of U2 prophet ponkine, you are becoming increasingly arrogant as you see less and less people sharing your "views"

Sleep Over Jack said:
You put Sometimes on the same level as the weaker songs off ATYCLB?

Yikes.....

And stop trying to come off as some sort of U2 prophet ponkine, you are becoming increasingly arrogant as you see less and less people sharing your "views"

Bloody hell, you think he was actually being serious? :ohmy: :ohmy:

Are you being serious Roy? ;) ponkine has frequently cited Sometimes as a weak song, and fine thats his opinion, but he seems to be repeating the same criticisms over and over, and resorting to insults against anyone who likes 2000- now U2 albums.

Sleep Over Jack said:
Are you being serious Roy? ;) ponkine has frequently cited Sometimes as a weak song, and fine thats his opinion, but he seems to be repeating the same criticisms over and over, and resorting to insults against anyone who likes 2000- now U2 albums.

I bet he thinks WGRYWH and UV are cutting edge... :scratch:

Hey! I like those songs!:mad:

But yeah, the term "rose-coloured glasses" is very appropriate for some here.. ;)

Re: Re: One Step Closer = Most underrated song ever...

ponkine said:

I personally prefer In A Little While to Where The Streets Have No Name. Just because the songs don't feature a heavy guitar doesn't mean they're not good. I find your post extremely arrogant, but none off that, let's just say that not all people go around rocking with All Because Of You or whatever, every song you mentioned (except for Sometimes and Wild Honey) is great in my opinion, even if it's not traditional U2.

Back
Top Bottom