ONE Soccer Recap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seajewel

War Child
Did anyone else see the ONE Soccer Recap on ABC (United States) after the game yesterday? It was so nice to see the band after the great win by Itlay ....

Yeah... they could've used a better version of ONE, but it was edited 2gether pretty well with the soccer action.

The Disciple said:
Yeah... they could've used a better version of ONE, but it was edited 2gether pretty well with the soccer action.

I thought it was actually one of the better Vertigo-era performances of One that I've seen...

What show was this, had heard something about ESPN and the Charlotte show, although I vaguely remember something about Toronto too.

It was alright. I think a better song could have been used. They edited out the lyrics that did not fit the spirit of the World Cup.

How come did I missed , but tell were images from a Stadium or Indoor show

:eyebrow: It's the Chicago video , it's one from the Chicago show .....

while I was expectin somethin new , or from Milan

annie_vox said:
I didn't see it:sad: Does anybody have a link?

Dont' be too sad, it was just highlights of the world cup games with showing the band for a second here and there singing One. Nothing new. It was allright, but don't feel like you missed something big.

But it was nice to just hear the band singing One (as opposed to MJB, the American Idols and so on...)

Good exposure, too...

Yes, it was nice to hear U2 "reclaim" the song on national TV. Who knows how many people thought it was a MJB original song by now.

Frankly I'd rather have seen Zidane's headbut repeated for two minutes while the song 'Bodies' played cranked up all the way.

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor

:drool:

I am pretty sure it was from the Charlotte show. ESPN had signs up all over the place at the Charlotte concert that they were taping. We later found out they were going to use the footage for the World Cup. I think all of the montages were from the Charlotte show.

heck...it be funny to see zidane's headbutt repeated in slow-mo with One playing...lol

canadiens you corrupt all of us

Back
Top Bottom