One reason why we should not listen to HTDAAB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobVox

Acrobat
Okay bring on the flame: but I just thought of one good reason that we should not be listening to the tunes…The Band doesn’t want us listening yet.

Now I know we might all justify it this way or that way (personally I think I have them all memorized already, so I am not exempt), but the fact remains that the band does not want us listening just yet. The Stream on the 16th hasn’t even happened yet.

So justify that (as the tunes play in the background)…

RobVox

The first night in years I have the entire house to myself. No wife, no kids. This is the PERFECT time to play the album over and over.

Oh yeah... and to drink a few Heines and watch out for Yahweh to steal a few. :wink:

I will try to steal a few but the best reason not to listen to the album now is because CD quality blows these files away...so i commend the people that have been able to wait because when you hear these songs in CD quality they will blow you away!

How do you know the band doesn't want us to listen? 22/23 November would seem to be a date set by the record company, not U2.

I think I may delete the copies I have and purge my system and wait for the release...I have selected them all with my mouse a few times, but actually pushing delete is harder than you think.

RobVox

Axver said:
How do you know the band doesn't want us to listen? 22/23 November would seem to be a date set by the record company, not U2.

You don't think U2 has control of their release date, ha ha ha, are you serious...this band can do as they please and what time tables are set are set by them trust me...you are talking about the band U2 right?

RobVox

I want to set the record straight ...

I don't know what computers you guys have, but the VBR files, on my computer, with my headphones - is so close to CD quality that you wouldn't know the difference unless you were told. And my setup is hardly expensive.

Yeah, mp3s used to be of lousy sound quality, but now they're a lot better. And with an iPod they sound great.

teebee said:
I want to set the record straight ...

I don't know what computers you guys have, but the VBR files, on my computer, with my headphones - is so close to CD quality that you wouldn't know the difference unless you were told. And my setup is hardly expensive.

Yeah, mp3s used to be of lousy sound quality, but now they're a lot better. And with an iPod they sound great.

I agree they sound great, but still, to answer my posed question...^^

RobVox

RobVox said:
Okay bring on the flame: but I just thought of one good reason that we should not be listening to the tunes…The Band doesn’t want us listening yet.

Now I know we might all justify it this way or that way (personally I think I have them all memorized already, so I am not exempt), but the fact remains that the band does not want us listening just yet. The Stream on the 16th hasn’t even happened yet.

So justify that (as the tunes play in the background)…

RobVox

:blahblah:

I can tell the difference between the songs on the Vertigo singles and the Vertigo that came from the web...no comparison in sound whether you have vbr files or not they are still a compressed format.

RobVox said:
I think I may delete the copies I have and purge my system and wait for the release...I have selected them all with my mouse a few times, but actually pushing delete is harder than you think.

RobVox

The first sign of addiction. ;)

I tried to do a similar thing the other day. Vowed to delete the files and snap up the CDs. Didn't work, though.

GibsonGirl said:

The first sign of addiction. ;)

I tried to do a similar thing the other day. Vowed to delete the files and snap up the CDs. Didn't work, though.

Ha ha, I know, I am not trying to point fingers, but this is the best reason I could think of not to listen to it....

RobVox

When I read the fact that VH1 and MTV are streamign as well as whoever else, I decided to finish it off and d/l the 6 songs I havent heard, I am abotu 10 mintues from my first full listen of the album.

NO guilt whatsoever, I'll probably buy 3 copies when it coems out, 2 for gifts, and I will be paying ridiculous amounts to see them in concert and for beers and t-shirts at their concerts.

U2DMfan said:
When I read the fact that VH1 and MTV are streamign as well as whoever else, I decided to finish it off and d/l the 6 songs I havent heard, I am abotu 10 mintues from my first full listen of the album.

NO guilt whatsoever, I'll probably buy 3 copies when it coems out, 2 for gifts, and I will be paying ridiculous amounts to see them in concert and for beers and t-shirts at their concerts.

Oh you can bet I will be doing the same! But, still the question reamains, U2 don't want us to have private copies at this time...hard to justify that one.

RobVox

There is no difference, the band and it's management aren't naive. They just didn't want this thing to leak 2 months ago.
2 weeks before the album isn't going to do shit.

ATYCLB leaked a full month before it's release and it sodl really well. Just listen. The band want you to like it, they don't care what the position of the moon is when you listen to it.

I'm holding out.

Not so much for the fact that Bono and the rest of the crew don't want me to, although I couldn't help but feel bad, with them being one of the few that I know won't waste my hard earned money.

But just because it's so much more of a complete experience buying the LE Box Set, coming home all excited, flipping through the book, then popping in the CD and hearing it all for the first time.

Nothing can beat that, 'cheating' and listening to it early just isn't the same.

korczykp said:
I'm holding out.

Not so much for the fact that Bono and the rest of the crew don't want me to, although I couldn't help but feel bad, with them being one of the few that I know won't waste my hard earned money.

But just because it's so much more of a complete experience buying the LE Box Set, coming home all excited, flipping through the book, then popping in the CD and hearing it all for the first time.

Nothing can beat that, 'cheating' and listening to it early just isn't the same.

you'd be surprised how it felt on saturday. i'd argue it was more of an experience. it's like if you didn't know a u2 album was coming and then bam ... there it was. it was totally unexpected for me (the leak), and before i could even process what had happened i was 2/3 of the way through the album!

I totally respect people who want to wait.

But I do agree that Saturday was an amazing life experience.

yeah, to each his own I guess...

I just get so much more out of a complete sensory experience.

Seeing the album art, the uh, new CD booklet smell... :p and then of course hearing it for the first time. It's just such an amazing sensory overload.

U2DMfan said:
[B[The band want you to like it, they don't care what the position of the moon is when you listen to it. [/B]

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

In any case, who is in charge of release dates? I doubt it matters to U2 personally whether it's in stores on the 15th or the 22nd. That's not going to make or break them. It's a marketing decision, so wouldn't their management and promotional teams be the ones determining that?

Look, I'll bet you that once the band had finished the album, they wanted to put it out there so we could all enjoy it. If I were an artist, I'd definitely want to get my product out to my fans as soon as possible rather than just sitting around. They're probably happy their fans are now rejoicing in the brilliance that is Hut Dab.

Yeah, I bet they're just relieved that people are giving the new songs such a positive response. If it were up to them, they would have allowed the album to be released the moment it was leaked.

Unfortunately, contracts and agreements have taken the band's own freedoms all tied up.

I know from being in a band myself, that we can't wait for people to hear new songs the moment we record them.

XRT in Chicago is now playing the full album, not from a burned copy, but from the real thing, so by now I think it is fine to hear the album.

Which I am currently listening to .... Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own ..... So far, I find this album extraordinary and can't wait to hear it on a CD ... full blast in my car ....

"Take this heart and make it brave" -- what an excellent line to end this compilation with!

if u2 saw how we're reacting tot he album and loving it and spreading joy, i don't think they would mind too much. and if they do.. well then they need to get over it.

Back
Top Bottom