One of their best performence ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Well Live Aid was a good perforemnce, but I think this one is one of their best performence ever. This show is Bono's peak in his strong powerful voice, after this performence came JT and LT and I never heard him sing like this on that tours.

This show got in my opinion the best versions of Pride, Bad and SBS. Download and turn up the speakers loud:

http://www.
uploading.com
/files/8L1XSOBS/1986_06_15___East_Rutherford.zip.html

The overlooked Amnesty International Tour 1986 features probably Bono at his best ever voice :drool: but the rest of the band usually don't shine :(

For example, on that show at East Rutherford Adam makes a noticeable mistake during Pride (in the name of love), also the ending I Shall Be Release isn't as good as other nights from the tour :ohmy:

I've heard better shows from Amnesty International Tour than East Rutherford ;)

:wave:

I was at the Atlanta Amnesty show in 1986. To this day it is hands down the greatest concert I've ever been to...and also my FIRST. Bono and the boys were absolutely mesmerizing. Easily the most energy I've ever seen from a band at a show ever as Bono was all over the stage, speaker columns, etc. I even remember that during Pride he grabbed a girl from the audience, danced with her onstage, then did "the twirl" a la 11 O'Clock Tick Tock at Red Rocks. I literally get chills thinking about that night. They were THAT good!

It didn't hurt either that The Police reunited that night after a 2.5 year hiatus.

Add to these Amnesty shows the Self Aid show in Dublin and you have an awesome package of short shows from 1986. For me Self Aid is really special. Candle in the Wind at the end of Bad can just about make me cry.

AndrewCowley said:
Add to these Amnesty shows the Self Aid show in Dublin and you have an awesome package of short shows from 1986. For me Self Aid is really special. Candle in the Wind at the end of Bad can just about make me cry.

But the Bonos voice at the Self Aid isnt as strong as it is on the 1986-06-15 show

I just recently found some Amnesty shows, he had a very strong voice then :yes:

Give me the 1983 tour every time. There is nothing better than video of Under A Blood Red Sky. As good as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom