One of their best! Almost as good as anything from Achtung!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I realized how sexy "Fast Cars" is this morning on my way to work...

I mean, it really struck me hard, and I also thought "WOW this needs to be mentioned in that 'sexy song' thread." (yes, I think of such things in the "real world")

I really love this song, it got me incredibly hyped up live :hyper:

Fast Cars:sexywink: :sexywink: :sexywink: :sexywink:

Someone should put together a sexy playlist of songs, Especially since valentines day is coming.:heart: :heart:

I would but I'm not too good at those things....Yet!:huh:

Here's my shot at a sexy playlist...

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Do You Feel Loved?
Mysterious Ways, Zoo Dublin 08/28/93
Fast Cars
The Lounge Fly Mix
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
The Unforgettable Fire
Hawkmoon 269
Your Blue Room
Beach Sequence
The Playboy Mansion
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Night And Day
Love Is Blindness, ZooTV 11/27/93
Can't Help Falling In Love, Zoo Dublin 08/28/93

:sexywink:

Zootlesque said:
Here's my shot at a sexy playlist...

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Do You Feel Loved?
Mysterious Ways, Zoo Dublin 08/28/93
Fast Cars
The Lounge Fly Mix
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
The Unforgettable Fire
Hawkmoon 269
Your Blue Room
Beach Sequence
The Playboy Mansion
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Night And Day
Love Is Blindness, ZooTV 11/27/93
Can't Help Falling In Love, Zoo Dublin 08/28/93

:sexywink:

Can't argue with that one. I'm particularly impressed by the addition of The Unforgettable Fire. :combust: "I'm only asking but I...I think you know." :drool:

I like the chorus of Xanax and Wine better.

Take me, save me from myself
I know that you’ve been good to me
Now I need you not to be
Wake me, I fear I can’t be asleep
I’m buying things I cannot afford
I’m on a high diving board
Two drugs keeping me dry
Xanax and wine

and I don't mean the lyrics.

Fast Cars was about the only exploring musically the band did on Bomb - which is enough to be on every pressing.

Stop idolizing Fast Cars and Mercy though, they're not that fucking amazing :huh:

Canadiens1160 said:
Fast Cars was about the only exploring musically the band did on Bomb - which is enough to be on every pressing.

Stop idolizing Fast Cars and Mercy though, they're not that fucking amazing :huh:

I agree with your first point.

As for your second one, nobody's idolizing Fast Cars! :eyebrow: at least, I haven't seen any here as much as Mercy! And even if somebody does.. so what? It's just personal taste. :shrug:

But I maintain that Fast Cars still has that sexy nightlife party lifestyle kinda vibe that gives it a very 90s feel. And since I'm a 90s nut, I love it! :wink:

^ I'm sure if you post your email or something, someone would be willing to send it to you :)

--

that's one sex-errific playlist Zootlesque :yes:
I actually want to make a playlist like that on my iPod now..

(I love making new playlists on my ipod, such a great time-waster.. :hyper: )

Zootlesque said:

I've always felt that this song is sexy as hell! :drool:

esp. during nightime driving... :combust:

most definitely agreed :combust:
I nearly got into a car accident once on the highway cause I got so absorbed into the song while I was driving :shifty: :drool:

It's definitely a song that could have been played on ZOO TV. The lyrics fit it so well.

Fast Cars sounded great live, too............They should think about to perform this song in each concert of the next tour.........
But they sure will in the southamerica/mexico vertigo leg

They ought to release Fast Cars as a single by putting it on some movie soundtrack. It's catchy, fun, makes you wanna dance, and different from what U2 has been doing. I think it would actually do well on radio and it could have a good music video, too.

AtomicBono said:
They ought to release Fast Cars as a single by putting it on some movie soundtrack. It's catchy, fun, makes you wanna dance, and different from what U2 has been doing. I think it would actually do well on radio and it could have a good music video, too.
They missed getting it on the Three Kings soundtrack by a few years :wink:

AtomicBono said:

Completely agree! :up:

Maybe for an action movie full of car chases like Italian Job. :love: It would be the best single yet from HTDAAB!

WinnieThePoo said:
they shouldve put mercy and fast cars on htdaab , take out man&woman + love & peaceorelse

Um... no.

I agree to the first part, have both of the new songs. But leave the other two songs. That's only a 13-song album. If U2 really wanted to take out a track, I feel "One Step Closer" would have been a perfect b-side to "Sometimes...".

Back
Top Bottom