One of the reasons I love this band!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Is their balls-out commitment.

I was listening to Little Steven singing about Los Desaparecidos, and I was thinking about the maleness of the song, and the whole album, really, and I got to thinking of how U2's song about the same thing is about the women involved. Then I began thinking of the clip of U2 performing Mothers of the Diappeared in Chile, and Bono commenting on how their security in Chile suddenly vanished after they performed that song that night. That took balls to do that. They knew going in that it would cause major problems, but they did it not only in spite of the trouble it would cause, but because of the way it would piss certain people off.

I fucking love that kind of commitment. Their willingness to disrupt the flow, to, what was it? "Fuck up the mainstream" wasn't it?

Anyway, that's what I was thinking about as I brushed my teeth this morning.

or showing the nazi symbol in Germany during Zoo TV tour and yelling this will never happen again.........or just playing in Sarajevo period....or playing in New York soon after the 11th of September....the boys have heart and balls!

martha said:
Then I began thinking of the clip of U2 performing Mothers of the Diappeared in Chile, and Bono commenting on how their security in Chile suddenly vanished after they performed that song that night. That took balls to do that. They knew going in that it would cause major problems, but they did it not only in spite of the trouble it would cause, but because of the way it would piss certain people off.

Wow, I didn't know about that!

Was that the same night they brought some of the mothers who lost their children on stage with them?

Re: Re: One of the reasons I love this band!

Bono's shades said:

Was that the same night they brought some of the mothers who lost their children on stage with them?

Yeah. I forgot to include that part in my original post. Bono commented on the security part on the Charlie Rose show interview.

Swan269 said:
or showing the nazi symbol in Germany during Zoo TV tour and yelling this will never happen again

No kidding. Especially considering the fact that the wall had just recently come down and there seemed to be hints of possible fascism resurging and everything.

Wasn't it that they had burning crosses that turned into the Nazi symbol?

Seriously, I agree...that does take some major balls. Wow.

Angela

Re: Re: Re: One of the reasons I love this band!

martha said:

Yeah. I forgot to include that part in my original post. Bono commented on the security part on the Charlie Rose show interview.

Another reason there, Bono being Charlie Rose :wink:

I wish they still had that "fuck up the mainstream" attitude...but now it seems like a "cater to the mainstream" attitude

What a great time to plead for a copy of said Charlie Rose interview, which poor little Miss Darling has never seen. :sad:

:help:

:flirt:

SD

Back
Top Bottom